[C18]3AM

I woke up early the next day to my phone buzzing on my night stand. Alpha Brendon had went back to the pack house to pull a late night of work. He wanted to get caught up that way he could spend more time with me. I checked my phone to see it was Niall's number.

Niall; Are you up?
Me; Why?

I checked the time to see if was three in the morning. What the hell is wrong with him? I heard the door knob to my room jiggle. I threw the covers off and put on my slippers. I opened the door in slight annoyance. The TV's blue screen lit the room and I looked directly into Niall's eyes in confusion.

What the hell is wrong with him? It's three A.M. in the morning. I crossed my arms as I felt a chill crawl up my spine. I raised an eyebrow at him, seeing he was dressed in old PJs.

"It's time," he told me and yawned. "We're going to be late for our shift," he told me. I yawned and nodded my head. I can't believe it's that time already... I looked behind me to think if I needed anything before I go. But, I'll just come back here this time after our shift. I shut the door quietly, although I was the only one sleeping on this hall. Innath was at the pack house, Cal is MIA, and Niall doesn't even live here anymore. I followed him outside as I felt my ankle give me a slight pain ever so often. Just a reminder of what I'd been through.

"I almost thought I'd be free from pack duties," I chuckled out quietly to him. "You know- with me being luna now and all."

"I don't think you'll be living that lap of luxury until your belly is bigger," he told me playfully. "As long as you can shift into a wolf, you're still on boarder control."

I nodded in agreement. I didn't want to just sit around and do nothing anyways. I'm a strong alpha female now. I have to build up my wolf's power to impress the pack. I already know I can outrun over ninty percent of the pack. I'm killer fast. I have to work on my other skills now.

We went outside and straight to the woods instead of to the car. We transformed into our wolf forms and quietly snuck into the dark forest before taking off in a run. I couldn't feel Arwen. She must still be asleep. Niall lead me to the boarder we guarded once before, Mal's old scent quickly caught my attention because it lead back towards the manor. He must've just missed us. I followed Niall into a ritual of refreshing the scent markers and smelling for any new scents. I caught the rogue's old scent still lingering. It made me want to puke at the thought.

We were a good thirty minutes into our run when I heard thunder in the distance. I smelled the air as the wind picked up. We were upwind, but I could still smell a faint scent rain was coming.

"We should probably head back," I told him thoughtfully. I didn't want to get sick and worry Brendon. Not after all the shit I've already been through.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best," he told me. I had a faint feeling then. It was strange how upwind we were. It was unlike Niall. Upwind was a bad spot to be in, you couldn't pick up on a whole lot of scents. I paused from following him and glanced around quickly. This was all strange. I'm sure shift change was later then three... and we went to the pack house first.

"Niall, what's going on?" I asked softly.

He stopped walking to look back at me and tilted his wolf head to one side. Unfortunately he's hard to read this way.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Are you talking about the storm coming? That might not even pass this way," he told me.

"Niall, that's not what I'm talking about. This is all weird. What's going on?" I asked him. "We're upwind and the shift change started at the pack house before... but  we came here to take Mal's spot and didn't even greet him." Niall let out a sigh.