[C57]Scarlet Coals

Niall's POV:

I want to save my family.

I never wanted any of them to die.

Calcifer and Innath's death will be revenged.

Lamia promised me they would be safe. And, of course I knew in the back of my mind that I couldn't trust her.

x

x

x

I found myself across. On the other side. My paws ached.

I was not in a friendly place.

My lungs were weak and every breath I inhaled was sharply erupted by a cough.

I stood on a coal bed. My paws grew sore as the hot coals scorched the bottoms. I was on the other side in my wolf form. I was in a hot fire pit. Red smoke hid my surroundings. But, above I could spy the top of a cliff. I howled in agony. This is where I belong. The blue smoke of safety was on the horizon of the cliffs. How do I get there safely? The sides are too steep to climb up in this form.

This is the entrance into the forest of Luna, the moon goddess. Those not welcomed in are often stopped here. I only heard the elders speak of the coal pits... I must have really pissed off the moon goddess if I wasn't permitted to cross here.

Usually no wolf has to climb the steep to get to the goddess...

Not that anyone would be crazy to try.

Usually if you're welcomed here, you float right over and never notice this hell hole.

'Rot here, rogue.' A dark voice echoed in my mind. 'You do not deserve to run with the gorgeous wolf goddess.'

This was an unfamiliar voice.

'Our moon.'

'Our Luna.'

'You dare cross over to try to speak with her?'

Three different voices spoke together. I could only make them out to remind me of a three headed monster guarding its mistress.

The voices were angry at me. As was right. I was nothing now to the spirits and ancestors that have watched over my pack. I should be cursed already. The moon goddess has been too kind to me. Maybe, she figures I still have a shot at redemption.

"Let me pass through. I have to speak with her. She's the only one that can pass judgement on me," I ordered. "I have to speak with the moon goddess."

'You are not allowed here.'

The blue light from the cliffs seemed to fade as the fog thickened above my head. This was a sign for me to head back. Leave. But, I can't give up now. I need to make her an offering. I've come here to try to redeem myself in some way. She should have better faith in me. I- after all... am descended from Fang, her favorite warrior.

I'm also in line to be an alpha, if I chose to be. I should have favoritism.

I hate her. I hate this. I want to be human. I want to be burden free from all this. These feelings my wolf burdens me with.... Why do I feel so sorry? I shouldn't have to ask for redemption.

Why did I come here again?

Right...

Vivienne, my sister. Malakai, my brother. My father, Calix. My sister, Nena. My brother, Nolan. I come for them. One last shot to save my family. I need her power. I need to know, is Vivienne her daughter? If so... if we could awaken Vivienne's powers... she might have enough of a shot to scare Lamia away from her for good.