[C64]The Night Hunters Pack

Brendon's POV:

"In order for your nine lives to be granted I first require you go see Fang. His blessing will be the only reason I will grant you these extra lives."

"Why does his opinion matter?"

"He'll first want to speak to you. You also remind me a lot of him. It's like the past will repeat itself if I grant you these lives. I want to be positive the past will not become the present. Once you speak with Fang and still feel strong about your decision on these nine lives... I will give them to you to do as you please."

"I assure you Luna... I will not be repeating past mistakes."

.

.

.

My snout followed Fang's familiar scent. Luna's forest was absence of light the farther I ran from her. It was like the world itself here was nothing... without her. I ran as fast as I could. My emotions becoming heavy as I wondered... what if I don't make it to Vivienne in enough time? What if she dies and I have to live nine lives... without her? All because I'm taking too long to find Fang! I stopped running as I howled for him. I must let him know I'm looking for him! I heard his howl follow mine. There! Now he will come to me and I won't be chasing something that might be advancing further away from me.

Fang's howl was followed by what seemed like a closer trail of howls. A pack... if my ears weren't deceiving me. My heart raced. I wanted to go to them. I felt like I should. This HAS to be connected to Fang. Did his pack remain here to be with him through the years? They never left Luna's territory? When I was a child... They spoke that you're free to leave Luna's territory whenever you want and go- forward. Forward was very much like the human's explanation of reincarnation. To try again... But, you also have to ask to leave. Once in Luna's territory it is customary to not go elsewhere without asking her first. Because, crossing back in without her permission is described to be hot and painful. Like a pit would eat you alive if you betrayed the moon.

I ran for those howls. I wanted to greet his pack. Vivienne's ancestral pack! The closer I got to the place the howls came from the world started to shift into a dark mist around me. The mist seeming darker then the actual place I was coming from. The scent of blood hit my nose and made me want to gag. I haven't smelled that here- ever. I stopped running as my paws trembled under me. I wasn't scared. It was shaking from the ground up. Something was moving towards me. I could feel it. The mist cleared out as Vivienne's familiar home came into view. The lights were off. The place looked abandoned and falling apart. My fur began to stand up. My worst thoughts coming to life. Was I too late?

Thunder struck the sky and shook me from my worry. It was like clockwork as growls came from the home. I could smell the ghosts of battle. The familiar sounds I've heard before... Somewhere... was all around me. Like ghost sounds. Lightening struck the sky. I suddenly could see all around me. There was a dozen of wolves circling me. They were agile until I saw them. Their movements coming to a halt as they snarled at me. Like they were cursing me for staring. Wait... if they can see me? WHAT IS THIS PLACE?! These wolves around me were injured and falling apart. Like even here they were decaying. Even if they had these wounds... I could tell no signs they have been harming each other. Suddenly their heads turned to look behind me.

"Brendon?" I heard Fang's familiar voice ask. He was standing behind me. I turned slowly to look for him. Look was out of the question as I raised my head to meet his eyes. Fang was almost the same size as the moon goddess! I couldn't believe my eyes. He was bright like red flames. The moon goddess' color was so similar to how Fang looked. His light wasn't like a sky awakening... But like a fireplace's dim light. Fang growled past me. "Go find something else to terrorize," he barked. I heard the wolves around me back off. Their paws disappearing from ear shot.