[C59]Come Away

Vivienne's POV:

I ran my hands under cold water before smacking my cheeks hard across the face. My eyes were red around the green. I had been up watching him all night. I looked at my watch, it was close to midnight. The stress was killing me. He's not awake, yet. Sowle said three hours. What's going on with Brendon? I thought he would be awake by now. And, there's no signs of my father.

I just looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. This room was connected off of the medical room they had Brendon resting in. I had shut the door for some privacy. Arwen took off to the other side to rest awhile ago. Her scent long gone from the room. Sometimes spirits need rest too. My eyes lingered on my dark circles. I took a towel off a basket and dabbed it on my face.

I jolted my head up when I heard something hit the floor in the other room. My heart leapt. I threw the towel into the sink and went out quickly. My eyes landed on Aaragorn standing over the bed. His fingers touched Brendon's neck to feel for a pulse. The monitors were going off in a mono beep. The siren of death. My eyes landed on my plastic cup rolling towards my feet. It was spilling out the red juice I'd been drinking on.

"Brendon," I gasped out as I ran for the bedside. I shoved Aaragorn aside to have a look. But, Aaragorn's hands grabbed my shoulders and started to drag me away. He yanked me as a few people in lab coats ran in.

Aaragorn dragged me from the bedside and out of the room. I thrashed until I gave out and let him take me out. The door shut in our face and he pulled me into his chest. I burst out into tears as he pushed my head into it.

"I'm sorry," he said quickly.

"What were you doing?" I asked as I pushed him away and growled.

"Me? What exactly are you accusing me of doing?" He asked in anger.

"He was fine! Until you showed up!" I yelled.

"Vivienne watch what you're saying," he growled. "Or you'll feel guilty later." I whined as I dropped to my knees. My heart raced in my chest as I took to staring at a crack in the rocks. The ground was cold as the cave itself. He knelt down and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Vivienne, he just stopped breathing," he told me.

Brendon looked like a brand new person before I walked into that bathroom. He looked like he was just sleeping. I don't understand. What went wrong?

Aaragorn pulled me into another hug. His scent consuming my surroundings. He pressed me close as he patted my back. I trembled in his arms. My thoughts consuming me. What will I tell the pack? "I have to tell the pack," I whispered.

"I can do it for you," he suggested.

"No... it's my responsibility."

"I'll have them gather and you can talk to them," he suggested. "Anything I can do to help, just let me know," he whispered.

"Send word to Everfur. His sister should be there. She deserves to know," I whispered.

"I will," he whispered back.

The door to the room opened and one of the nurses stepped out. My ears told me inside there was no commotion anymore. Not even the sound of the monitor. My eyes landed on the nurse's lips as they trembled.

"There's nothing we could do, alpha," she whispered towards Aaragorn. My ears rung as they echoed what she said to me. Nothing? There's nothing they could have done?

"I guess that medicine the- what did he call himself? Necromancer? Brought to Brendon just wasn't enough."

"Brendon was still alive when he was fed the medicine, I don't understand!" I shouted. "HE SHOULD BE AWAKE!" I growled in frustration.