[C20]The Dress From A Dragavei

Andrew brought me into a gigantic bathing area that reminded me of a eurpean style bath house. It was heated and steaming. One of the only things took well care of here. It was unique and old but maintained. Probably because the servants didn't want to bathe in a condition much like the rest of the castle. If I lived here... would I be as cold hearted as Lamia is? I bathed in privacy as Andrew promised to wait just outside. I washed off mud from my body and sticks from my hair. I could understand now- why Lamia might've been so disgusted with me. Enough to give me a bath before eating me alive. I sat in silence for a long time as I finished cleaning myself off. The heat from the bath was the warmest thing in this castle. I wanted to stay in it and wait for Brendon to come save me. But, Arwen quietly told me I needed to find a way to escape from the castle.

Andrew came in to bust my bubble. He held a beautiful luncana star sequined long sleeve layered mesh dress. It was beautiful. Designed with a faux sweatheart neckline layered over a star embrelished mesh and accented with velvet bows. It was- dazzeling. Defintely an A-line dress. An absolute flouncy silhoutte. Never in my life have I ever seen something that screamed... me.

"W-who told you?" I asked softly. "Who gave that to you for me to wear?" I asked in alarm.
He shrugged. "It was something master Dragavei handed me in the hall just now."

W-what?

"Y-you mean Lamia gave this to you? What..." I trailed off in confusion.
"No. I mean Master Eder. Her husband, the vampire king."

My heart pounded in alarm. He's not supposed to know I'm here. Who gives gifts like these... to strangers? Andrew hung up the dress and revealed a box under it. "What's in there?" I asked as I turned around completely and rested against the edge of the tub. He came over to me and knelt down before opening the box to reveal a matching pair of flats and some accessories. Was he thoughtful enough to- to figure out I should wear flats for the most comfortable result?
Could you imagine me- ME wearing heels in a dress as perfect as that thing hanging on the wall.
This man- is an expert in clothes. He sat the box to the side before pulling out a finger nail clipper and file as he picked up one of my hands and started to work. His eyes were focused.

He had a hidden meaning in what he was doing. This was a job now for him. Someone instructed him to do this. Was... it... no it's impossible. Wait... Is Andrew actually apart of Eder Dragavei's harem? Did he take pity on me and tattle on Lamia? Did he run into the master in the halls and beg him for some decent clothes for a damsel in distress?

"Andrew," I whispered softly. "You sly dog," I mumbled to the human boy. His teenager heart is easy to read now.
"You're too pretty to let Lamia devour you," he whispered to me.

Out of nowhere from behind Andrew's head I caught the image of Lamia walking up. You wouldn't hear her but I was aware she was now in the room. She stopped right behind him and leaned down to his height.

"Is that right, Andrew?" I heard her familiar voice that sent shivers down my spine. Oh fuc- I screamed as it happened so fast. Lamia before my eyes took the filer from Andrew's hand and sliced his neck open with the sharp tip. Andrew's blood pooled onto me as I trembled. I watched as Lamia stood behind him and grabbed a fist full of his hair and yanked it backwards. She bit down into her wrist and yanked away, letting the blood from her wrist fall over his open-cut. I swam away from them in fear as I watched his throat heal almost instantly. She still looked cold and void of any emotions. Swiftly she dunked his head into the bath and looked like she was purposly going to drown him but let him go entirely. His body plumbeted into the bath with me and his blood surrounded me.

I felt my breath catch as fear wrapped me like a thick blanket. I-is he going to be okay? He's going to drown... Lamia stared me down as a smirk curled into her lips. Is that amusement I spy in those dark eyes of hers? Now I truly know... He's Lamia's concubine. An unloved lover. A play toy she kept around to mentally destroy whenever she pleased. Andrew sprung out of the water, choking and gagging. His neck had a new scar on it but he looked completely healed.