[C6]Mom's Comforting Whispers

I watched from a window by the door as Alpha Brendon drove off. I was almost convinced he'd join me in coming inside. But, he instead told me he had business to discuss with first. I think that business involved Emmett, but I didn't realize until after he kissed me goodbye. As his car disappeared from my view I could hear Arwen bark with excitement. Then howl. 'He kissed you goodbye! He's so hot~ and will be a good dad! I can't believe you're going to be a Luna! We better haul our luggage to the pack house today!'

My stomach seemed to rumble then, reminding me I haven't ate at all today. I clutched it and turned around to look over the oversized entrance. I haven't been home in four years. "Arwen, do you think Mal carried my bags upstairs for me?" I asked softly as I tried to think about where I should look first.

'He probably still has your keys. No harm in asking,' Arwen told me and I decided to smell the air. Father's scent was freshest going out the door. So, he wasn't home. His scent was always recognizable. Malakai's was next. He was definitely still home. I could even smell Cole's faint scent telling me he's left already. Probably wanted to leave before he had to confront me. That's fine. I didn't want to run into him before I decided on how to act around him.

He didn't know anything. Why should I be mad at him for loving my ex- mate? That's all over now anyways- hell, it never started.

My stomach went off again in an attempt to remind me of food. I sighed in slight annoyance and made my way to the familiar kitchen. This manor was smaller then the Ramirez pack house. In a considerable size difference. It was easier to move around in. I also was able to locate the old servants kitchen that my step mother now runs full control over stocking and meal preparation. In total, I've had five step moms? Three of whom I've never met. There is only the twin's mom, alive. Romona. She's been the only one of my father's partners to actually live a long happy life with him. They're now at eighteen long- and happy years together. Romona is like a mother to us all. She's done her part in assuring none of my father's children gets left out of the picture.

Now, I've mentioned before, Malakai is the favorite child. Because, before Romona there was Sophie. Sophie, was my father's actual soul mate. When he looks at Mal, I can see nothing but his full attention. Because, it's like he's looking at someone special.

None of us really remember our mothers. But Cole and Nena, are so lucky to still have their mom alive.

Cole.
He's so lucky to have so much.
He's even got my mate now.
My ex mate.

I looked around the cabinets in self- pity. My body was feeling weak. Was it because I was finally alone- again? No GUY to take away the bad thoughts? No one to soothe my chest. Nobody here- to hear me crying? Oui, I'm guilty of the pleasure I've felt beside Alpha Brendon... but all good things end. As quick as he came he went. Off to more important matters. And here I am- realizing I can't keep this act up.

Unconsciously, I fixed a bowl of apple and cinnamon spice oatmeal and when the smell hit my nose I felt tears boil up inside. Because it smelled exactly like him, Alpha. I shoveled the food into my mouth as I still peaked into the fridge. I needed more. I grabbed a jar of pickles and leftover pizza. While I waited for the pizza to warm up, I ate the pickles. This was truly, disgusting. I just wanted easy food. When I finished off my food, Arwen alerted me as she heard footsteps coming down the hall.

Who could it be?

"Vivienne?" I heard HER voice. It's my step mom, Romona. I could hear her running here as she came through the hall. I could smell her excitement. She busted through the hallway entrance and if looks could kill she got me. "Vivienne Blair! Miss, what do you think you're doing?" She asked me. I froze in sudden fear and confusion. "HOW DARE YOU!" She shouted in a mother's concerned voice. "You kept us up last night- all worried! Mal told me you handed him your phone and just took off into the woods! You said to him you'd come home last night. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR FATHER IS RIGHT NOW? He's put off his border duties to LOOK for you! MISSY!"

"Mom," I whined. I felt like my tail was between my legs as I couldn't look her in the eyes. "I-I have to tell you something." I heard her sigh before pulling me into a hug.

"What is it baby?" She asked me and kissed the top of my head. "What's going on with you?" I felt tears rupture as I cried into her shoulder. "Oh... now.... baby it's going to be okay," she assured me. She brought me to the floor and just held me in her arms as we sat there. When I could control the tears, I looked up into her eyes.

"I met my soulmate last night," I barely whispered.
"I take it, this means it didn't go well," she whispered and used her fingers to brush out my hair as she undid the braid. I can't believe this... I feel like a child... But it was really nice being comforted by her.
"No, he turned out to be interested in Cole," I mumbled. "So- I gave up my rights to Emmett so they could be together..."

Mom suddenly growled and gasped with shock. "THAT Emmett Benjamin SAWYER! I could RIP his throat out just for what he's done! I hope he knows he's brought shame to his family, his pack, and the moon goddess! T-the moon goddess!" She gasped. "Did she come to you yet in your dreams?" I shook my head no. I haven't even had time to think about her lecturing me... Why hasn't she come to speak to me? "Well don't worry about that darling. She was probably with Emmett all night giving him an ear full." We shared a quick laugh together.

"Have you talked to Cole?" I asked softly.

"Nolan? No, he left early this morning before I woke up and I was asleep by the time he did come home," she told me. "But, Malakai told me he put your things in your room along with your wallett, keys, and phone." I nodded and gave her a thankful smile. She sighed before standing up. "I've got to give your dad a howl or he'll be out there until the moon is up tracking your scent down. Go up to your room and have a nice shower and change of clothes..." Her eyes landed on my outfit and raised an eyebrow. "Whose clothes are those if you rejected Emmett?" She asked curiously.

"M-mom I kinda... ended up with Alpha Brendon last night..." I trailed off and blushed like a bright red tomato. She widened her eyes.

"YOU SAID WHAT NOW?" She asked in shock. "S-so he lended you some of his old clothes?"
"We- He... thinks he wants me to be luna," I mumbled. "After we... done it." Mom gasped in shock and a smile grew on her face.
"So~ How do you feel about this?" She tilted her head and helped me stand up.
"He's kinda... overpowering in some cases..."
"He IS an alpha. I wouldn't take half of what he says to heart. You know he lost his soulmate in a carwreck while you were gone. She was pregnant," her eyes softened in thought. "Poor thing was driving with her brother to town to go baby shopping. Beta Luke Mcconnell and Luna Aaliyah Mcconnell's death has burdened this pack for awhile now. I think it would be healthy if you were to bring hope to this pack."
"You think I should take his offer?" I asked softly.
"You would be Luna, what better honor is there for you now?" She asked me. "You don't want to be lonely forever. Lonliness does things to the mind, Vivienne." I sighed but I knew she was right. "You will grow to love him. It looks like he's already grown fond of you. In time, that gash in your heart will be like it never was there."
"Thanks mom," I whispered.

After she left me to go howl for dad, I found myself walking up to my bedroom. It was on the second floor. There were two main halls and I was on the same hall as Niall, Cal, and Innath. So I wouldn't have to cross paths with my younger siblings anytime soon. I went into my bedroom and shut the door behind me. The room itself was covered with white sheets to keep dust off of everything. I deicded to do what mom suggested first. Everyone had their own private bathroom on this hall. Thankfully mine was attached to my room. I decided it would be best to just take my mom's advice and take a shower. It would do me some good.