[C62]The Traitor

Niall's POV:

"-Killed-"

.

.

.

"Alpha Brendon."

"Well done, thank you for delivering the news to me." I heard Lamia's quiet voice praising someone. I was walking up towards her door when I overheard it. I slowed down to tip toe and stuck my ear up against the door. Of course, she'd know I was listening in. Nothing slips past her. She just doesn't know if it's me or not. The door was air tight... but not sound proof.

'Yes, thank you milady." It was Meynard's loyal voice inside the room with her.

"Now that the mutt, what was his name again?"

"Brendon."

"Yes, now that I got that other wolf to kill Brendon... I'm sure the Scarlet Nightwalkers pack will be in my clutches in no time."

"They're actually on the way here. They're not with Vivienne."

"Ugh...." Lamia sounded annoyed. "That's not good, are you sure she's not with them?"

"Maybe she's behind..."

"Well..." She snorted. "The death of an alpha as well as a weak Luna will do many things to a pack. Especially after I kidnapped their weakest omegas." Of course.... the warriors that could fight- we killed and left their corpses there to rot and be found. That will do a number to my old pack. Lamia? This is new.... to me. Did you act on this alone? You're tricking them on coming here... by killing Brendon?

Vivienne was in Blacktail last time I checked. Does that mean the alpha of Blacktail is in league with Lamia privately? I can't make assumptions... so soon.

"And," Meynard chuckled out. "We killed their strongest warriors that we found in that area."

"Dangling a prize like omegas possibly being rescued... or the chance they could kill me is a good way to lure them into a trap. Once I have her pack out of the way... I will have no one else to stop me from torturing her to death..."

"Niall," I heard Meynard say before I felt the door open and I fell forward. Meynard caught me from hitting the floor and helped me stand up. He brushed my shoulders off and I glanced in at Lamia. "How good of you to visit," Meynard chuckled out. "Lamia was just saying how she wanted to tell you some exciting news." Lamia smiled at me as she stood by the fire.

"Darling," she called out to me. "Did you overhear?"

There wasn't much to hear, darling!

Lamia always looked like a statue. She never made overdramatic motions without first... thinking them over. Her eyes were deadly. She was staring me down with unbelievable hatred. I was starting to become her enemy now. She caught me spying on her. Of course, I want to fight her. I wanted this confrontation. She wouldn't outright tell me I was out of line. But, her voice was speaking useless nonsense. She wanted me to overhear her. Lamia had a gifted tongue. She... didn't scare me. As manipulative as she could be... I've been there all along wide awake. Her tongue was ready to control my thoughts and emotions...

"Brendon died?" I asked questionably. "What did you do?"

Notice, she didn't say who killed Brendon exactly. She won't state his name. She wants me to ask these questions.

"I'm always a step ahead of my enemy," she reminded me as she waved Meynard to leave us. "Just wait outside," she told him. He pushed past me and shut the door with him. This woman... the first time I met her.... I felt devotion to love her until the end of the world. Her passion for control... was something I connected to.