[C25]Alpha's Plan

Brendon's POV:

I covered Innath's corpse with a white sheet. Pain was in my chest as I hurt for HER sake. This is her brother. Blair, my sweet Blair. She's missing and now this? Her brother dies. Smoothered by a pillow. I gripped the death weapon in my hand before slamming it down on the sheets. I beat it for a few more goes as I screamed in frustation. I was mad. ANGRY.

'LET IT OUT!' Steele howled in anger.
'She is winning,' I growled out and dropped to my knees as I threw the pillow across the room. It hit the door. Lucky no one was in here to see this. I smelled the air, smelling the rotton corpse under the sheets.
'What will we do about it? WE WILL GATHER EVERYONE IN THE PACK AND FIND HER! The full moon is coming, Brendon. SHE'S with child! WE will not loose another Luna.'

I growled as I bared my teeth into my tongue until I tasted blood. I will have blood for her. I will kill them all, every vampire in Lamia! The room was spinning as I heard my bones shifting under my skin. I was trying to hold back from shifting into my wolf form.

She's mine.
She's mine.
SHE IS MINE!

I told them to leave me alone while I delt with this... feeling. My wolf was pushing me. I was fighting to hold him in as his spirit was breaking into my own and trying to take control.

'LET ME IN! I WILL GET HER BACK FOR US!'
'Steele!'

I screamed as I threw my head into the sheets and hit a hard bone. He's out of control! I felt a pain riding up my spine as he fought over my body.
"NO!" I shouted as I felt authority ooze out of my voice. "STOP THIS! CALM DOWN!" I warned as I smelled the sheet and caught a wiff of vampires. The scent was familiar to the training I've endured with my father. Hundreds of times. I have learned how to dominate against a fight with a vampire. I can win her back. I can kill Lamia.

"There is a town full of vampires, you can't go in there alone," I growled to Steele.
'THE PACK IS STRONG. IT'S TWO COMBINED. LAMIA'S LIFE IS MINE,' He howled out and the sound pounded through my brain like heavy medal music.

The door flung open and Fang stepped through the door. I could hear Calix urging him to come back out but he slammed it in his face. I growled in annoyance at him. I don't like him.
"Get the hell out," I warned.

"We need to start talking strategy," he told me as he scooped the pillow up and dusted it off. He walked over to the bed and held it out to me. "You've got a Luna to save." He gave me a smile as he looked at the white sheet I used to cover Innath up with. He yanked it off before looking at Innath's pale body. I've seen this look in his eyes before. I felt the hair on my arms stand as he leaned in to push some hair out of Innath's eyes and leaned in before giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Unfortunately... I gave my last life to Mal," he whispered to Innath. "Please wait on me. We will run soon together," he promised. I still couldn't believe he's Raoul Fang. Here to help my pack with Lamia. And, Blair and her siblings are decendents from him.

My father once read me a bedtime story including him in it. It was about how a werewolf lost his mate due to a vampire's thirst. In order to save his pack he joined with ours. Together the packs were able to run off the vampire and her tribe... but we lost a contractual marriage when he died. Fang explained to me he was granted nine lives from the moon goddess himself. To use as he pleased. His eighth, to come back and save our pack once more and the nineth? He used on Mal.

"I will die for Vivienne," Fang told me suddenly.
"Why?" I asked as I felt jealous.
"Because she's carrying the future in her stomach," he told me and it was as simple as that. I knew then I could trust him on my side. I nodded as I felt Steele settling like something was licking him into calmness. IF I had to guess, it was Fang's smooth words. Because Fang doesn't have a spirit guide. He's his own wolf. I'm sure just him being here was like my Luna being near me. A quick sedative to calm me down. Fang meant no harm to us. He wanted to help his family and... That includes me.

"I- I can't loose another," I whispered to him. "What will we do? How do I ensure her safety? We have to get her back before the full moon."

"We have seven days. We will send a messenger out to the neighboring packs. I'm sure they're struggling with Lamia just as much as we are. They'll agree to an alliance. We'll run the vampires back off- No we will kill any of them we can get our teeth into."

"What about Mal's mysterious bite mark on his neck?" I asked quickly. "What do I do about that? Can we trust him?"

"He's being set up. They want us to suspect him. That way we don't look at the real suspect. I'll keep up my real investigation on finding the culprit." He looked at Innath before coving him back up. "Someone here has a dirty secret. I'll find out who it is and we'll send him wrapped in a bow back to Lamia. But he won't be in one piece," he told me and looked wickedly happy to do so.

"Steele is panicking," I muttered.

"Assure him~ Everything is okay," Fang told me and reached out to help me up.
"You warned her," I said quickly as I rememberd. "You said Lamia is coming... How did you know?"

"Being reborn in this body jumbled up my memories," he told me. "They're in a bottle now and hard to make out. But I think I saw it coming when I was in the after life," he explained as he tried to think on it. "I remember seeing her needing my help and suddenly I was here helping her," he stopped talking as he looked at his hands. "I was stubborn about these extra lives I had remaining but once I met her I knew I'd do anything,"

"To save her," I muttered.
"Yes, probably because she reminds me so much of Selene."

"Is Selene your soul mate?" I asked softly.
"She is the mother of my children... and the one you call moon goddess," he whispered as love filled his eyes.
A father's pure love was shinning in those eyes of his and it made me suspicious. What has he done in his other lives he's lived?

The door swung open as Niall walked in. Again, Calix warned him not to enter. Niall looked at us as he cleared his throat and looked worried for something.
"As you asked, we checked the cameras and found that the pillow was lifted and smothered him like someone was in the room but could not be seen. Someone invisible perhaps." He looked annoyed. Every right to be, this was his brother's death he was speaking of.

"Yes, some vampires have powers to do that," Fang said as he seemed to be recalling from his trail of memories. "We better tighten security."

"Niall, how about you see to it. Put some extra men on the borders. Talk with your father and inlaw to get that taken care of." I let the order roll out as a way to dismiss him from the room. He didn't need to be in here anymore then we did.

"I'd actually like a second alone with my brother," Niall said as he cleared his throat awkwardly. I felt slightly ashamed then. Of course, I better grant him this. I looked at Fang and in an understanding... We left the room. I made sure to close the door behind us for him. He's been unable to stand alone in there since we found out about Innath.

I have one week to get the Luna safely back in the pack house. I looked towards Fang. "I'll need your help. I'll give you a list of the fastest runners in the pack. Take them with you and gather the other packs and their alphas. We will meet in three days time in Lamia's territory."