[C46]To The West & Blacktail

Back To Vivienne's POV:

"I killed Emmett," I admitted. It was something that needed to be said. I think... It's for the best. I could tell by the way Brendon looked at me- he was ready to die for me. I didn't want him looking at me when all I could think about was how many people's blood was on my hands.

Everyone- it felt like it was somehow connected to me. Like I killed Innath with my own hands. I didn't! But it felt like it!

"It's okay," Alpha Brendon told me as he looked at me with understanding eyes. "I don't care that you killed him. I'm more worried about what it's doing to your mental health. You've got to come to peace with his death on your own. He was dead to me the moment he crossed fate and the moon goddess."

It scared me... how much he just didn't care about Emmett.

That was his best friend, cousin, and beta. I know deep down somewhere in Brendon, he was hurting. I was hurting and I never got the chance to like him. I think I was more-so hurting because I couldn't control myself. And, because I killed him... I lost something precious in return. I should have known Lamia didn't hold back.

"Yeah, but..."

"Viv, I don't care that you killed him."

"You haven't even heard why," I mumbled as I felt tears swelling up in my eyes.

"How?" He asked softly as he rubbed the back of my head and pushed me into his chest. "What happened?"

"He attacked me," I whispered.

"What was his motive?"

"He thought he was the victim."

"That doesn't matter. Why would you believe anything he said to you? You need to let it slip from one ear out the other."

"You didn't hear what he said to me," I mumbled.

Emmett's very voice haunted the back of my thoughts...

'The smell of you... makes my blood boil.'

The scent of two lovers that were meant to be was supposed to be sacred. He was supposed to enjoy my scent... not hate it with every fiber of his very being. I was nothing to him... but a big burden. He couldn't live the life he wanted with me around. I never should have confronted him. I ought to have ignored him all along. Would thinks be different?

"Even if I didn't..." Brendon trailed off. His voice reminded me to pay attention to what he had to say. "Let's just drop this. I don't think he was a victim. So why does it even matter? He was a traitor and as good as a rogue to me. I don't want to talk about him anymore." He lifted my head and kissed my lips. "How about we worry about other important things then his pitiful mouth?" He asked me.

I frowned at his sharp words. But, he was right. I shouldn't be bringing it up right now. It probably wasn't the best time after all. I just didn't want to keep any secrets from him. He's been giving me all of him. All his support. He's such a great guy.

"I'm sorry I brought it up," I blurted out. Maybe I can't confide in him with so many ears on us. I ought to have known better. This talk could have waited... or never happened. I shouldn't let him know how bothered I am.

"Even in death!" Brendon growled. "Emmett is winning by upsetting you," Brendon whispered. "Listen, Blair~ Viv~ My Luna~ I don't care what he said to you. In our eyes he was the one that broke your heart. He had no right to our pack because he couldn't deal with the fact you REJECTED him after calling him out on HIS bullshit. I kicked him out because I don't need a manipulative asshole like him as my best friend, my beta, or as someone that might potentially be a threat to my woman." His hand reached to touch the mark he left on my neck. "We stick together, yeah?"