[C10]The Story Of Alpha Fang

It took everything I had to wake up and get ready on time for my morning duties for the pack. It wasn't my favorite idea, letting my dad decide I was going to take over for one of my brothers. But, I was more than capeable of protecting a boarder. After all, I was trained by my father. I really hated leaving Brendon... as funny as it was. He was just so warm and hard like a rock- and I loved that about him. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before I left. He didn't even notice I left his side. He was completely out of it- and it made me almost believe he crossed over to talk to Luna himself. I drove to the pack house with a bag of clothes to change into later and some supplies for the shower I'll take afterward. The pack house had a Girl/Boy showers for after runs. Something cleverly invented by a pack architect. Of course there were seperate showers for the genders. I parked my car in the front entrance- not even bothered to take a shower/ get properly dressed before coming here. It was early and half the pack was asleep. The only ones awake were the pack members coming in from the late night border patrol shift and the ones coming to greet and change over with them. I was unfortunately signed up to be a greeter. I didn't bother locking my car up as I left the keys in the ignition- car off.

I met my father, Niall, and Mal along with a few unfamiliar faces as we lined up by the field. My father greeted another older male that came out of the forest and watched as they exchanged a few words - all serious talk about how quiet it's been on either side of the borders. Then the fair mention of last night's excitement. Turns out my father and Niall had met the man while they were escorting my other two brothers out of the territory. "Well," the man speaking to my father said. "Let Luna and Fate be with them. Hopefully they'll bring your youngest boy back safely. Let me know if there is any new developments."

"That is Niall's father in law," Mal whispered to me. "Donovan."
"What?" I chuckled. "I forgot Niall was mated," I mumbled and looked at my older brother. He seemed to be enjoying watching his own father and father in law bonding over border control talk.
"You really don't do social media, do you?" My brother asked softly and wrapped an arm around me. I knew then he wasn't doing this out of brotherly affection- but because one of the wolves coming in from the patrol was staring right at me with lust. "Tell Brendon he better hurry up and mark you if he's planning on it," Mal grumbled in my ear. "You're like a fresh baked ham on thanksgiving day." I elbowed him in the side and scowled.
"If Arwen was awake, I'd let her eat you," i joked and leaned my head into his shoulder. The male from across the field stopped looking at me and I got a feeling Mal sent him a nasty look. Something like 'I'll eat you if you touch my sister,' which is probably not a good look to be pulling right now around me. I stepped away from Mal as I noticed my father coming over to us.

"Okay, you two are going to be on the same trail as Niall. I know it's been awhile since we went over protocal training with you. So, stay alert out there. Border control is not a game. You may come across intruders. Rogues. Hungry Alphas. Whatever you see or hear, report to Niall, your captain. BY ALL MEANS DON'T GET LOST," He warned us. We nodded and bowed our heads in respect. Father took his work very serious. But if he invited us to stead in our older brother's places... that means he held us high in his mind. After all, we were supposed to  take over these duties as soon as we got home.

"Yes, father," we said together. He gave us a smile before lifting his hand and stroked Mal's cheek. He looked worried for a second before giving him a proud smile.

"It's good to have you home," he whispered. This was just a bland reminder... Mal was the love child of my father's only soulmate. He seemed hesitate as he leaned in and whispered something low to him, "You look just like her everyday. So, if you scratch that pretty face out there, I will NEVER let you outside again." A shiver ran down my spine as I watched Mal gulp and nod his head. My father... He truly was overprotective of his favorite son. WE had to pull his teeth just to get him to let Mal go to college. My father's eyes landed on me with a warning look.