[C24]Die Omega

Kill him.
Eat him.
Tear his juggular out.
Get him.
What's the matter? Can't bite?

Mid- battle. My brother Cal was stirring the omega. Picking at him- trying to trigger a transformation in him. This was making the crowd roar and cheer. They begged for Cal to finish him early while others wanted him to prolong it. The omega trembled as he now found himself curled up in a ball on the ground. His crying was only heard by me it seemed. I was feeling his pain. He was quietly begging for the moon goddess's help. These vampires were ignoring our basic human rights. They were treating my kind like garbage- cattle. We were nothing but pets in their eyes. Race horses to bet on. Who would out live in the cage?
This answer was obvious, Cal... the more stronger wolf.

I felt my eyes stinging from how much they swelled up. This was unbareable. I could smell the fear the omega had edged out through his trembles. Nothing was worse then watching an abandoned pack mate getting eaten alive. I can't chance it. I can't act out.

'Damn it, do something,' Arwen begged. It was killing her more. I shook my head.
'There's nothing I can do, Arwen. There is too many-' I looked around at the crowded basement. I looked towards Lamia. Her eyes weren't even on the cage or me anymore. She was looking towards an empty corner of the room. Like there was something there I couldn't see. Who does she see?

My mind was snapped back to the omega on the ground. The snap of his first shift being thrown into the air. It was silent enough to be heard before the roar of cheering echoed. The omega's harsh scream sent fear into my gut. I could remember my own- first transformation. The moon goddess must be with him now. Carrying strength into his body to make it through his last breaths before being allowed to enter her domain. I was so distracted, I could smell now her scent. It was all around me as Arwen relaxed her anxious whinning. It's funny to think at one point I had been in pain many times throughout my transformations and now- I can perform them without breaking a sweat. The strength runs in the pack. To do it alone will send you into mental exhaustion.

It could take minutes or hours depending on how much you hold back and refuse to let go. He needs to relax or he'll never get through it in one piece. I growled quietly as I clutched onto the fense. 

"RELAX! YOU HAVE TO RELAX!" I urged him. "LET YOUR BODY MOLD," I begged. My own voice was barely audiable over the cheering of these creatures.

The omega seemed to hear me. I watched as his muscles struggled to ease up but with each hesitation there was a new sound coming from him. I could hear it as his skin decayed and layered into wolf fur. His bones breaking and reforming. He was growing and shrinking as he took on my advice. He let his wolf have control. It was taking over and morphing him into a modern sized wolf. Not nearly big enough to take on my brother.
Transformations never happen this early.
They don't come until full moons.
They're not supposed to be formed under these- circumstances.

By the time he's finished he won't have enough strength to move. Cal will deliver a death blow before he can even wake up in his wolf form. I let tears slip down my cheeks as I viewed the wolf's pain and suffering. This show was amusing for everyone in this room but me. I wanted to scream how wrong it was. THEY could never understand wolf's culture. They're unfeeling creatures.

The omega wolf's last transformation was the growth of his wolf's features. As soon as he was on all fours he collapsed into a sleep spell. He'd be with the moon goddess now. Before his death. She will keep him there where he will feel no more pain. Cal looked me in the eyes as he tore into the omega's jugular and ripped it out. Blood stained his fur as he took the meat and walked around the cage with it.

I could smell arousal off the vampires as they reached through the cage to try to pet Cal. He managed to avoid their hands. Only giving them slight satisfaction by grazing their nails on his tail. I looked towards Lamia as I let out a shaky breath.

"Monster," I hissed towards her in hatred. SHE's not even looking my way. Her eyes were still locked on that corner. "Lamia, when my brother talked about you it sounded like a bedtime story the first time. I thought- how could anyone be so cruel," I growled to her. "Your kind though," I muttered through gritted teeth. I want to strike her dead, right now. But, what is she looking at? "Lamia," I growled and grabbed her hand. She looked at me and looked towards the cage.

"Don't touch me," she said as she slapped my hand off. "I see your brother finished the job," she sighed out. "Did you have a good show?" Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance as she stood up from the stool like she was going to leave now.

"Why didn't you watch?" I asked as I looked over my shoulder. Was she looking away because she couldn't see that?
"I was chatting with a friend. I've seen these things plenty of times before. They're all the same, Vivienne."
I glanced around us to see if anyone was looking at us in particular. Who was she chatting with? Was it telepathically? Only wolves do that... No way? Niall? My heart skipped as I searched for him- only to be disappointed.

"Who?" I asked. She only ignored my question.
"You can let your brother out. He's been released to come back with us."

Her words made my feet move before I could register them. I ran to the cage's door and pushed it open. I ran up to my brother and grabbed a handful of his fur as I reached him. I yanked him into a hug faster then I thought I'd care to. He's not dead. He's here and alive and now he's going to be with me. We can get out together and go warn the pack about Niall.

'Brother, you're coming with me. She said we can take you back with us. We can find a way to escape together.'
'The only way she'd let me come into that castle is to either kill me or keep a better eye on me.'

He was right. She sent him here to die and he's still kicking. If she's taking him out it's to give me a reason to either stay behaved... or teach me a lesson later.

'Nevermind about that. Let's get you out of here.'

I didn't let his fur go. I was scared he'd disappear. He might be the only thing left to keep me sane. He's my only hope to get back to the pack before the full moon. We'll have to plot together on this. We left the cage and Lamia met us on the other side of the wall with her arms crossed. She was looking at Cal.

"It's a shame your brother didn't make it. I could have watched you both just now instead of that omega," she growled out with a too- happy smile on her face. Cal growled and I tightened my grip on him to keep him back. Cal and Innath were close, she will get what's coming for her. She better watch her tongue. I only glared at her in disgust. My grip wasn't holding and when I felt his fur slip out of my fingers, he attacked her. He pounced in one swift move. I stepped back quickly as I knew it was coming. She back handed him- the impack sounded like a car hitting a pavement as she sent him flying. He got a good strike into her arm but she- left him flying into a few bystanders. They tumbled over like dominos. The movement was so fast I didn't blink in the moment. She looked at her injury. I noticed something funny about the bitemarks. Is Cal missing some teeth? Her arm heeled without a problem. She looked towards my brother and placed a hand on her hip.

"Cal, you want to die tonight?" She asked through her emotionless face. The vampires around Cal looked startled but unbothered by being knocked into. Like it wasn't a huge deal. No way did they even feel getting knocked into. They were already talking about next bets. Cal transformed into his human form and I immediantly looked away. Oh, gross. He's doing that now? In front of all these eyes? That's a male wolf for you.

"Don't throw my brothers around in that whore of a mouth of yours," Cal growled out through gritted teeth. "I'm not a slave to you or anyone here. I'll fight you next, Lamia. I'm not scare. You bitch," he growled out. I trembled as I could smell her rage.

"I was trying to do something nice for your sister as a reward. But you just had to open your filthy mouth," Lamia said in distaste. "Now I'll have to see to it you get a proper washing," she threatened. Jeese, is she scolding a five year old, now?

"Please," I strained. "Can we just get out of here," I gestured around us.

Lamia turned on her heels and grabbed my wrist before dragging me towards the doors. "Let's go Vivienne," she told me like it was her idea. Cal was right on our trail. I'm sure he was walking with a proud stride. Confident in his nudity.