18

WARNING: There is heavy mention of rape in this chapter with added details.

_________________

(Recap)

Going downstairs I enter the living room hand in hand with Killian when I see....her.

I never thought I would be seeing her again after all these years.

"Aurora?" She spoke softly looking at me with tears brimming in her eyes.

Feeling Killian squeezing my hand I look up at him to see him looking down at me with so much worry on his face. "Aurora you look like you've seen a ghost," he whispered to me.

Turning my head back to Kaitlyn I see her hugging her knees, her face buried in her arms while sobbing quietly.

Running towards Kaitlyn I get on my knees in front of her while softly pulling her hands away from her face. Looking up at me I wipe her tears away with my thumb but that doesn't stop the tears from rolling down her face.

Slinging her arms around my neck, she hugs me tight and anyone in the room could tell she didn't want to let go.

Neither did I.

FLASHBACK--2 years ago

I just finished picking up Zara from dance and we are now on our way home to have dinner with everyone else.

Screaming to our music I suddenly see a slight movement in the alleyway, looking towards the movement there was a man and a very young girl on the ground.

Oh, fuck no.

Stopping the car around the corner, Zara is looking confused but trying to figure out what just happened. "Stay in the car okay? and I will be back in a second just don't question anything but I will explain tomorrow, call the others and tell them Aurora said do not question anything as well."

I know how much it sucks when people want information out of you.

With that I ran out of the car and straight to where I saw they were, grabbing my knife out of my jeans I turn the corner.

I was right.

There was a 40-year-old man on top of a young girl who only looked 13 while she was naked looking paralyzed on the ground. There was blood covering her body and you could tell the man didn't care.

Quietly going behind him I ripped him off of her and slit his throat after making sure she wasn't looking.

Talking my jumper off of me I softly put it over her head so she could wear it. Flinching away from me  "Hey I'm not here to hurt you but I really need to make sure you get cleaned up." I spoke softly, putting my hands in front of me showing her that I don't want to hurt her.

She looked down at the dead body but she had no emotion on her face, trying to stand up she fell down straight away because her legs were shaking horribly.

"I know you don't know me but can I please help you, I know exactly how you are feeling right now because I have gone through this when I was your age. Let me guess your stomach really hurts?" I questioned her knowing everything I felt.

Nodding her head she looked down like she was ashamed of herself while she wrapped my jumper around her more. "Can I please pick you up so I can take you home to go get you cleaned up?"

I probably sound like a crazy person right now but I need to make sure she gets taken care of.

Looking unsure I spoke up "I have asked the people I live with to not ask any questions so no one will ask you anything. After I make sure your body is okay I can take you to your house so you can see your parents again." reasoning with her she nodded her head while lifting her arms up for me to pick her up.