𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞

"Yes, I shall be attending." The second the words left her lips, the whole family was thrown into a fervour of preparations.

They had a potential Queen amongst them. Time was short and a lot was to be prepared.

In all of the chaos, no one noticed the girl grab the sealed envelope and climb the stairs up to her room.

It had been at most 10 minutes that she'd taken a seat on her bed by the window with the envelope on her lap.

But to her, it felt like a millennium had passed.

Her eyes stung due to the lack of blinking as she burned holes in the envelope.

A thick packet with an even thicker seal was so powerful. At least powerful enough to turn her life upside down.

Her mind wandered to the 8 gorgeous Princes of the 8 corners of the Kingdom.

They were young, no doubt. But they were worthy leaders.

Good at what they did. Kind and humble. Headstrong and remarkable teamwork.

They might belong to 8 different families. But they lived like brothers and their brotherhood was strong.

Too strong to be broken by any of their enemies.

This is why, despite being soo young, they had successfully managed to keep the Kingdom happy and prosperous.

As she picked up the envelope, finally building enough to look through its contents, her mind trailed off to one particular Prince.

She fancied him, all right. But it was more of a distant celebrity crush. She never, in her wildest dreams thought that she'd actually have a chance to be his Queen.

She took a deep breath, just letting the situation sink in.

It was true that being the Queen held a lot of pressure and a hell lot more responsibilities.

It was a huge challenge. Maybe the biggest she'd ever face.

But since when did she run away from challenges?

And it wasn't like she had anything to lose. She'd either win the Prince's heart or she would not.

She'd either become the Queen or she'd not.

What was the harm going all-in?

She sucked in another breath before breaking open the seal and sliding out the contents.

This was it.

Fay

Fay