𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐔𝐬

Another chapter time!!!

Serious question though; will I ever be able to write a chapter for this book that isn't 2000+ words. We'll see🤷‍♀️

I dug myself a grave when I started adding gifs to the story. Now, I CAN'T FREAKING FIND APPROPRIATE GIFS! It's frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter. I worked hard on it.

See you next week and stay safe😉

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Back to the ball;

"Oppa, stop staring at her soo much! You'll burn holes in her," Haeun teased, watching Seonghwa just stare at Chae like she was the only one in the ballroom.

"Now Kiddo;" He clicked his tongue, playfully glaring at the shorter girl. "Weren't you the one who wanted to play matchmaker here?"  "Well of course and I still do." Haeun defended, barely hiding the grin, that was rapidly taking over her lips. "But I can't play matchmaker if you keep on staring at her and burn holes in her."

Seonghwa bit his bottom lip playfully, leaning down closer. "Someone's grown smarter over the years, haven't they?" Haeun shrugged, "I have always been smart, Oppa. What are you talking about?" 

Seonghwa laughed softly at the younger's cuteness. She had always been soo obliviously adorable that it was endearing to watch.

"I can't help it, Haeun-ah;" He sighed, his eyes drifting back to the gorgeous woman in the ice-blue dress. "She just looks soo beautiful when she's smiling like that. Happiness suits her the best."

Haeun glanced in the direction, her lips cracking into a smile when she saw Chae grasping onto Han's shoulder for dear life, as he danced with her; rather recklessly.  "At this rate, Eunnie's gonna lose a limb." Haeun laughed watching the both of them. Seonghwa too enjoyed how freely Chae was laughing with Han.

Soon, Chae faded away from Haeun's vision. It zeroed in on him. It killed her to put the distance between but she felt like she owed it to Chae. But they'd texted at least once a week. That's why Haeun felt that the distance between her and Han wasn't too far. While Chan and Chae; that was a different story.

He had changed a lot during the past years. His cheeks were now fuller making him look cuter. The dark brown locks he fashioned right now looked fluffy and healthy. As he held Chae close, Haeun could understand that underneath the thick material of his coat, Han Jisung had bulked up. His eyes were sparkling in the lights of the chandelier and his smile was the brightest it could've been.

It wasn't until this moment that Haeun realized just how much she had missed this friend of hers. And maybe it was time to cross the distance. She had waited enough.