𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫...

Now don't murder me for leaving you guys with a cliffhanger. This chapter is 3000+ words and I'm scared that I'm gonna bore ya'all out. 
But do not worry, the next chapter is in the works. And it will come out soon.
Till then, enjoy this one.
Also, let's clear up the confusion. Since we have two Chaewons, I'll address Han Chaewon as Chae and Park Chaewon as just Chaewon.
Hope that makes sense.

Ateez at the top and THEM VISUALS ARE *chefs kiss*
LEAVE THEM COMMENTS I AM EXCITED TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
And yes! More moments and interactions are to come. Be patient with me, please!

TMI: I looped the sexiest playlist I had while writing this chapter. Think River, Red Lights, Bicycle, The Eve, Love Talk, Oh Mami, level sexy. Needless to say, they inspired me quite a lot😏

Also, who's the mystery man? Any guesses? 😉
Enjoy the chapter

"It's been a while since I've seen any of them," Han remarked as the Princes gently grabbed the remaining girls' hands and lead them to the dance floor. 
"Yeah for me too," Chaewon said. She watched the tall and handsome man grab Haeun's hand and lead her to the dance floor. A fond smile graced her face as she saw Haeun blush. 

"Let the ball commence," The announcer bellowed, making the orchestra tune their strings and the opening notes filled the ballroom.

Not 5 minutes into the dance, a hearty laugh echoed across the ballroom. One that the walls of the castle were familiar with; but it had been a while since they heard it.
Heads turned in that direction, and the onlooker's hearts melted as they watched two separated friends in their own worlds, as they laughed their hearts out. It had been a while since any of them saw Chae laugh soo heartily.
Sana's eyes softened, at the sight of Han and Chae. 'I told you it would be worth it,'

Yun Hyeok turned her head, wondering where the laugh was coming from. "They look soo adorable together," 
Her words caught Chan's attention, whose body was here but his mind was exploring God knows which corner of the universe. He turned his head, catching the sight of Chae and Han.
"Yeah, that they do," Chan said, suppressing the growing emotions inside him. "She must be close to you all," Yun Hyeok looked back at him. 

"Yeah," Chan exhaled, "We used to be friends when we were young. She's still close to the boys."
"Not to you?" Her abrupt question made Chan speechless. What was he going to say?
"Not that much, we just drifted apart." He admitted, saying what was not even half of the truth.
"That must be sad, losing your childhood friends." Yun Hyeok said to herself, her eyes glancing at Chae once in a while. "Maybe you guys could reconnect during this time," 

'Could we?' Chan thought as he turned her around, a bit too fast. Making Yunhyeok tighten her hold around his shoulders. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" He panicked.
'God damn it, Bang Chan!' He scolded himself internally. Just as he removed his hands off her, Yun Hyeok held their intertwined hands tighter. "No, no!" She shook her head. "You didn't scare me. I'm okay."
The glow in her eyes, the soft smile and the way she didn't hesitate to assure him; felt nice to Chan.