𝐌𝐲 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

Okay so, the series of events in this chapter is incomplete. So, expect part two of this chapter in a week or so; 

Happy Reading my beautiful Nobles

"Do you like that one?" Changbin asked, following the line of his best friend's vision. It was a suit with one single button at the waist; made out of a black georgette blazer and matching plans. "No, what I have is enough, let's go!" Hajun attempted to walk away from the store but she ought to have learned her lesson by now. Changbin simply tightened the hold he had on her hand and she was yanked inside.

"Come on," Hajun internally groaned as she let him drag her inside the store. She knew she wasn't going to be able to win against Changbin after bullying her way into paying for her suit and shirtdresses. Now he was going to have his way and boy; was she right?

"Go on, try it on," He smiled, his cheekbones rising under the mask he sported. "You don't have to-" "I know I don't, shut up and get moving," Nothing else was left to be said. She hoped that they would be done when she got the black suit fitted but no! While she was in the changing room, he had wandered off around the store. 

"I'm-WHAT IN THE NAME OF-!?!" Hajun gasped at the rack full of clothes he had ready. "It isn't much, just please try them on," He smiled softly. "But-" "Please, for me?" Damn it! Now that he'd pulled on those puppy eyes, Hajun groaned and obliged. 

What were they doing? She had no idea. She actually stopped thinking after they made plans yesterday night. She was more than sure that he'd turn her down cause who in their right mind would agree to go shopping with a friend as shitty as her. But to her utter surprise, Seo Changbin seemed out of this world happy! His huge smile and excited voice when he accepted painfully reminded Hajun of the days they had together. 

She had coached herself into having zero expectations when she came into the castle, Heck, she'd even expected Changbin to give her a cold shoulder. That's what she would have done if their places were reversed but he simply continued to surprise her. The same smile, the same warm hugs when she had them; it was like the years of distance between them had burst out of existence like soap bubbles; ones they loved soo much when they were young. 

And as much as Hajun was surprised, she was glad as well. After losing everyone she loved over the years, she didn't know if she had the strength in her to try and win Changbin's apology. But lucky for her, she didn't need to. He was still there, still ready to be her friend. 

He was her relief, her break from her unfortunate reality, even back then. As cheesy as it sounds, Hajun felt like she could really breathe around Changbin. His strong frame, his gentle masculinity and his heart; reminded her that not everyone in this world was selfish. Not everyone in her life wanted her to sacrifice her happiness for their own.