𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫

She sat in her chamber, sorting through numerous papers and letters

She sat in her chamber, sorting through numerous papers and letters. The idea of having the princes choose their future partners through this setting was her idea. She knew she'd have to face the wrath of the 8 flustered, if not immature princes. And she was right.

The memory of her running for her life, all over the palace while the 8 of them chased her, was not something she could easily forget. These boys...!!

She smiled and shook her at the memory, her eyes running all over the letters. She had devised a tiny trick in the invitations. She had been watching over these boys ever since they had stepped into the royalty. While they were excellent rulers, they sometimes forgot that people around them had eyes and ears too!

How cute of them to assume that their Noona wouldn't see through those innocent childhood friendships!!

She smiled in satisfaction as she looked over the nobles. Her plan was going just the way she wanted. But why were there 5 short of the nobles??! The coronation was inching closer and the event had not even started.

The new king was to take the throne with his queen. Time was short!!

"My Lady!" A group of royal soldiers stood at her door. She waved them over!
"How are the preparations going?" She asked, joining her hands in front of them.

"They are going well, my lady." The soldier answered, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Why did he even bother lying to the kingmaker when he knew she was aware of the truth?

"Are they?" She quirked an eye brow up. "Because the last time, I checked we were missing 5 Nobles!!!" She yelled, enraged.

The Kingmaker had every right to. The throne of the kingdom was in danger and she was being told lies!!

"I apologize, my lady!" The soldier bowed, shaking like a leaf internally. This lady was intimidating as heck!!

"Do whatever you need to do!!" She ordered, biting on her bottom.

The soldiers collectively panicked! The Kingmaker biting her bottom lip was a sign that she was going to explode if things were not done, correctly.

"I hope the Princes are not aware of our..." she coughed, "...little trick?" Her eyesight shot daggers at the soldiers.

"No, my lady." A younger soldier piped in. "But..." It was evident that he was hesitating to add whatever he was going to add.

"But?" With the rise of the eyebrow, the kingmaker made it known that she wanted to know that little detail.

"His Highness, Prince Changbin keeps on yelling at us for disappearing..." The soldier mumbled out, hanging his low.

3 seconds of non-exhaling silence! What in the name of -

The King Maker burst out laughing!! The soldiers watched agape as she laughed and laughed until she teared up!!

"Thanks for the laugh, soldier." She laughed breathily, wiping her eyes. "The next time he asks you about your whereabouts, simply tell him that you were sent out by me."

The soldiers nodded. "Thank you for your time. You are dismissed."

The soldiers marched out of the chamber as the kingmaker sat back on her chair.

These boys honestly were a mess!

Fay

Fay