Maaf Kardo 2 🌧

She looked at herself in the mirror and ran her hands through her hair

She looked at herself in the mirror and ran her hands through her hair. The brown locks weaving through her fingers. The red lipstick was bold enough to catch everyone's attention. The black saree hid her true self. She looked at her ring finger and signed when she saw no rings. So she picked up one of her random diamond ring and wore it. Picking up her perfume she sprayed some and started walking.

But when she was about to cross her room she stopped. If felt as if something was stopping her from going away. She looked over at her shoulder and glanced at the room. Her eyes widen and soften when she saw them standing there. An illusion that's what they are. But she wanted to reach out and touch them but she knew they will fade away like every time. So she gulped and closed the door. And this time after a long period of time, it felt as if she was.... Yet closing another door of her life.

She slowly started going downstairs. Her heel cladded feet coming in contact with the grey tiles. She looked up and sighed. There they were, standing in front of them, the loving parents of her husband.

Ayesha Beig and Yusuf Baig. One is housewife and the other is a defense lawyer.

"Assalamu alaikum." Her voice rang through the living room and she watched how they looked at her and then nodded, continuing their work after ignoring her.

"Chalei?" She asked them, hoping this time they won't refuse.

"Yes, you got ahead we'll come." Yusuf said professionally. She nodded, they have always been like this. Even though his mother has a sharp mouth his father doesn't even talk with her, let alone be rude to her.

She stepped outside and inhaled sharply. The smell of the earth after rain hitting her nostrils, she doesn't know why but suddenly she started feeling so good. The smell, the light breeze everything hit her in her guts and heart. A heart she thought she no longer had but it turned out to be the total opposite.

Encouraging herself she stepped toward her car and soon when the couple came they went and sat in their own car. Soon both cars were gliding through the road. The hustle bustle of the road and the serendipity that she found in that vibe was what her bones were craving since forever.

When was the last time someone talked to her? If you ask her that then she will not be able to answer that question. Not because she didn't knew the feeling, no. It's because it's been so long that now her brain intentionally blurs out every emotion related to that. Life is hard when everyone opposes you. When you feel like the people who were once your safe heaven starts feeling like hell. The hateful looks, the snarky comments, their bitch face doesn't faze her anymore. She is way beyond that at this point. It doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter. But at the end of the day she is only a human. A human with an unfortunate heart that can feel emotions. Sometimes she wonders why don't humans have a switch off button, so that she also can switch off her emotions sometimes. Because it's exhausting to try and pretend to be the worst person alive always.