Chapter 1 || "I Smell Dorayaki."

"Thank you for coming! Please come again!" I bowed politely as Hinata Tachibana went out with a paper bag full of dorayaki in her hands.

"Thanks for the dorayaki, Y/n." I smiled and waved goodbye.

"Take care Hina." She returned the gesture and nodded before taking her leave out the shop. I went back to the counter and started wiping it clean, not much customers visited the shop today and it's already seven in the evening.

"Y/n, it's late, you should go home." My head turns to my mother, she smiles and pats my head.

"You sure?" I raised my brows, not sure if I should leave her.

"Don't worry about me, just go." She reassured with a small smile.

"Fine, see you later mom." I remove my apron and wore my coat then grabbed my bag. Mom waved goodbye as I went on my way out.

"I should've brought my scarf." I pulled my neck collar closer to my face, just enough to cover my lips, its utterly cold tonight.

It didn't take me long to arrive at my apartment, as I was about to unlock the door with the key until the corner of my eyes caught a familiar figure. I turned my head to the figure who had caught my attention.

"Oh? Takemichi?" My brows raised and my head tilted, it is strange for him to come here, he never does visit.

"Why are you here?" I ask, he does not say anything but steps closer. I didn't think much and stayed in my place.

"Y-Y/n-chan... you're really here..." I hear him mutter.

"Pardon?" I was bewildered. Is he drunk or something?

"N-Nothing, nevermind... I just came here to ask for cookies since the bakery is closed." I furrowed my brows, our bakery is open 24 hours, except for sundays and saturdays.

"Takemichi, did you hit your head or something?" He seemed taken aback and raised his two palms then placed it to the back of his head. "I'm pretty sure you know that our bakery never closes except for weekends." I tell him, he goes to his thoughts and then finally realizes.

"Takemichi, I think you better go home and take a rest, surely you're not in your right mind right now." I smile briefly before opening the door and closing it after, making sure to lock it.

I took off my coat and put my bag to my bedroom, I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After I took a shower, I changed into my nightly clothes and went to the kitchen to heat up some leftover food from earlier.

It is just a pretty normal night for me right now, it's just like any other nights, my Father is still on duty and my Mom is at the bakery while I stay at home and study then sleep.

After I ate and did some schoolworks, I went to bed and slept, only to wake up the next day and get ready for school.

"Y/n!" I hear a familiar voice from behind my back, I turned around and saw Hinata Tachibana waving at me while smiling and running to my figure.

"Hinata." I greet back with a slight smile.

"Huh? That's a new scarf, where did you get it?" She stares over to my scarf that I am wearing right now.

"I made it." I smiled to myself, quite proud of my my own creation. Hinata's eyes widen, looking surprised.

"It's pretty! You did a good work
Y/n, can you make me one too?!" She cheers as she asked out making me smile wilder. I giggle and thanked her for the compliment.

"Sure." With my reply, she quickly hugged me tightly and thanked me.

It wasn't long for us to walk to school together when Takemichi arrived. She soon left me to go with her boyfriend, Takemichi, and I am walking to school alone again.