Chapter 20 || When He Looks At Me

"Y/n!" Vice president greets you as you arrived back from the shop. "Where's the materials?" He asked with furrowed brows. Confused on why you both came back with nothing in your hands.

Suddenly, a hoard of people on motorcycles came, your eyes widened as you recognised them as Mikey's gang. You were about to stop them from coming to school when Mikey held your back collar, pulling you away from them with a smile that made his eyes go crescent shaped.

"N-no! I can't let chaos enter our school!" You yell as to tried and tried to run while getting out of Mikey's grip but no avail.

Vice president looked at your with a sweat rolling down in his forehead.

"Y/n.... chan..." He trails off as he watched you both getting away, not thinking of what to do.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎

You and Mikey ended up in the rooftop as the whole gang helped around the school decorate and make props. You felt your stomach churn once in a while, worried about the future on what will happen if you let them go around the school freely. I mean they're a gang, they could start a fight anytime soon!

"Don't worry Y/n-chan, they're gonna behave." Mikey lays his head on your lap and closed his eyes, his lips still curved and into a smile.

You sighed tiredly and ended up playing with Mikey's hair.

"Who knows what that gang of yours might do.." You mumble.

"Our gang." Your brows raised.

"What?"

"It's our gang, remember? You decided to join and you're officially the secondary president of Toman." You blinked.

"Why did you make me secondary president though? It feels like I'm cheating..." You trailed off, Mikey chuckled briefly.

"You're the first one who managed to defeat me." You nibbled on your inner cheek.

"But it looked like you weren't even serious about that fight." You say as a matter of fact. Mikey opens his eyes to stare at the blue sky, also giving you an opportunity to gaze into his pretty yet empty eyes.

"Maybe or maybe not." He shrugs and continued to stare at the blue sky while you continued to stare at his eyes.

It was a full minute of silence with you gazing into his eyes while Mikey staring at the sky. It felt peaceful, just the two of you on the rooftop with a pretty weather.

"If a fight breaks out, I won't hesitate to break your neck." Mikey bursted laughing at you sentence, you couldn't help but smile at his reaction. Just seeing him happy made you feel butterflies again in your stomach not matter how many times you witness it.

"I'm happy you're here Y/n." He looks at you in a way you cannot entirety describe. Your heartbeat fastened even more, heat taking over you face and butterflies in your stomach worsening

"Say, what do you want to be when you grow up?" He questions out of blue.

"I actually don't know if I'm gonna be honest." You stare at the clouds.

"I thought you were gonna be a baker." You shook your head no. "Baking pastries is just a hobby for me." You inform.

"Meow~"

Both of your heads turned to the sound and saw a white cat sitting at the edge of the rooftop, it's long tail waving back and forth while it stared at the both of you.

"Eh? A cat?" Your brows raised. The cat licks its paws and then stands up.

"Oh! It's you!" Mikey suddenly shot up and pointed at the cat. The cat looks at Mikey in a very judgemental way possible.

"What are you saying?" You furrowed your brows in confusion.

"He's the one who stole my dorayaki the other day!" Mikey accuses.

You released a breath of disbelief.

"And you're mad about that?" You questioned.

"You don't understand! He took all of my dorayaki that day and even gave me a judgemental look before he went away!" Mikey reasons, you massaged your temple with both hands, surely Mikey already had enough of dorayaki but here he is, mad at a kitten because it stole all his dorayaki.

"You bastard! Die!"

Before you could already process everything, Mikey rushed to the cat. Your eyes widened and immediately chased after him.

"Mikey!" You yell and ran as fast as you can. Thankfully you managed to grab his back collar before he can even reach the cat.

"You imbecile!" You yelled and pulled as much as you can to get him away from the cat.

As Mikey tried with all his might to reach for the cat while you pulling him away, the cat watched you both silently, looking like it's asking itself what the fuck is wrong with these humans.

"Mikey! Y/n-chan!" You looked back at the door and saw a Takemichi walking in the rooftop. He stops in his tracks as he saw you both.

"Mikey stop!" You yell but the male doesn't listen. "Jesus christ just because of a cat." You cursed under your breath and continued to pull.

"Ah! It got away!" Mikey yells in frustration, you sighed tiredly and finally let go of his back collar. You then turned your attention to Takemichi.

"What's up?" You ask.

"Y/n! It's all your fault!" Mikey yells frustrated, you rolled your eyes.

"Oh calm down you blockhead!" You yell back. Mikey pouts and sits on the ground, his back facing you with his arms and legs crossed.

You sighed again and turned back to Takemichi.

"What's the problem?" You raised brows, Takemichi looked really serious about something.

"I need to talk to you." He says. You tuned to Mikey, thinking if he should do great alone while being frustrated. It really looked a serious matter judging from the look on Takemichi's face.

"Mikey, stay here." You say before grabbing Takemichi's wrist and dragged him out of the rooftop.

You both ended up in na empty classroom, you took a seat on a random chair and looked at Takemichi.

"So what's up?"

"I went back to the future, well, in my present." Your brows raised.

"I found you, and talked to you." He pauses and looks down, his palms turning into fists as he clench them.