Chapter 9 || I'll Think About It

"Eeeh? So you asked Takemichi out to the festival?" I ask with raised brows, Hinata nods with a shy sweet smile.

It's been an hour since, Emma, Hinata and I had been talking to each other. It's been fun talking to girls, unlike crackheaded boys- in which, I mean Mikey and Draken and the rest of Toman.

"Wonder what would it be like when I have a boyfriend." I look up at the pretty sky as I wondered.

"Eh? I thought Mikey was your boyfriend." I could feel my face heat up at the thought of Mikey being all lovely-dovely with me.

Fuck no.

Hell I bet that man can't even take care of a girl!

"Y/n?" I snapped from my thoughts and turned to Emma and Hinata.

"N-No! Mikey's not my boyfriend." I turned away and covered my face. Emma and Hinata suddenly laughed.

"You're cute, Y/n." Emma smiles in delight. I smiled lightly and scratched the back of my head.

"Say, are you going to the festival?" I looked at Mikey and the others playing around with Miyo.

"No," I turned to them with an apologetic smile. I really want to go but if I go with them I just know I'll feel like I'm a 5th wheel. "Sorry, I've got plans for that night, hehe."

"Oh it's alright, there's always next time." I agreed Hinata and nodded.

"Anyways, I gotta go accompany Miyo back to her home." I stood up and bid my goodbyes.

"Miyo! Let's go home!" I call out to her. Miyo pouts but listens to me which made me smile. She rushes to me and then grabs my hand.

"Wait! Let me join too!" I turned only to see Mikey tripping then standing back up again and proceeded to rush towards us.

"What about Big bro?" I turned to Draken.

"It's alright." I just nod and turned to Mikey. I saw him grab Miyo's hand also then he looks at me and smiles.

"Let's go." He says, I felt a lump on my throat, my heart started beating fast again. I nodded and hummed in reply.

Miyo started swaying out hands along with the walk making me laugh briefly. I'm gonna be honest here, I feel like we're a couple with this.

I turned back to the guys to wave goodbye to them, as I last looked at them my eyes transfered to Takemichi who had the same troubled face.

"I need to do something about this."

He mouths as he murmurs to himself, my curiosity grew even more, I need to talk to Takemichi once we meet again, something's definitely up.

"Oh! Let's get ice cream!" Mikey cheers and Miyo agrees along with him. I face palmed.

"We already had ice cream, it's bad for kids to have too much ice cream, Mikey." I told him, Mikey looks at Miyo then back at me.

"Why not? Miyo doesn't look so happy about it." He tells me, I look at Miyo and saw her saddened face, I immediately averted my eyes, scared that I might take pity.

"No! It's decided! Don't worry Miyo, we can hang out again and I'll bring some homemade cookies and cupcakes." I try to persuade the girl and thank to the God's she finally agreed with me.

"Eh?! Miyo! It's ice cream we're dealing with here!" Mikey speaks. I roll my eyes as we proceeded to walk.

"But, Big Sis's pastries are more delicious." She tells the short blonde boy, Mikey looks at me with a defeated look while I returned his look with a smirk of victory.

We proceeded to walk until we arrived at Miyo's house. Miyo thanked us nicely and politely before she went inside to her house.

Mikey and I walked back to the park.

"You're great with brats, Y/n." Mikey says. I just smiled and shrugged.

"Are you gonna go to the festival?" He asks, I shook my head no.

"I already have plans for that, what about you?" I asked back.

"I'm not sure." He raises both his hands and puts both his hands behind his head before starting to look at the clouds.

"Why is that?" I raised brows.

"I'm just not sure." He shrugs. I shook my head in disbelief and laugh briefly.

"Y/n, I know you already said no to this I'm just gonna say it to you again." He turns his head to me. "Join our gang." I released a sigh and thinned my lips, looking up at the sky.

"Why though?" I question.

"Why not?" I glare at his words which made him cough. "I mean... To be honest, at first I wanted you to join to strengthen more our gang, but now that you're my friend, I just want you to be close to me, you're... A special friend,
Y/n. ." I went quiet, heat on my cheeks. He really sees me as a close friend of his.

"Also, I think you can take care of the gang very well, Luna." Okay, he just had to ruin the moment. I scowled at him and hit him in the back of his head.

"Don't all me Luna! Shorty!" Mikey laughed loudly while I proceeded to glare at him. It had been almost 4 weeks since we met. I didn't thought, out of all people, he would become my friend.

A cute crackhead.... As my friend....

I need new friends...

(dun dun)

"So what do you say, Y/n?" I look forward, my apartment is near. "I know you don't want violence, and don't want to fight just for fun, but think about the life that's ahead of you. We're still young and free, go wild and make the best of it, we only have one childhood you know..."

"You're basically a bad influence." I deadpanned, I could've sworn Mikey's brows just twitched. "But... You kinda make a point..."

"Also! Think about on how many guys will buy your pastries at the bakery!" He proceeds to persuade me. Is he really that desperate to get me in the gang?

"Well, that could be an advantage.." I say as I thought to myself.

"And promise! We won't call you Luna, every again, we'll call you whatever you like!" He tells to me, hope in his eyes were present.

"I prefer to be called by just my name." I say.

"So are you saying you'll join?!" His eyes sparkled.

"I never said that." He looked like electricity just went to his body. I almost laughed at the expression.

"I'll think about it." I waved goodbye and walked into the apartment building.

"See ya tomorrow! Y/n!" Mikey waved bak goodbye cutely, I chuckled and proceeded to go into the building.

That was a short chapter :P