Chapter 38: Super Gay

"Patton Patton Patton!" Virgil shouted as he ran into the house, the sun setting outside. He discarded his bag and cloak onto the bench at the front of the house before rushing into the living room. "Guess what?!"

His brother looked up from where he was reading on the couch, a book about constellations in his hands. "What, where's the fire?" he asked, setting his book aside onto the coffee table.

Virgil was smiling so wide it felt like his face would split in two. "Roman likes me! I confessed that I liked him and now we're dating! And we bonded our magic and it was really cool because there was a bright flash of light and we cuddled and now I can feel his emotions no matter how far apart we are!"

"Okay back up cause I understood like half of that, you're dating?!"

The fairy nodded, biting his lip as he flapped his hands in excitement, his wings fluttering along. "I felt it! I felt love come from Roman, it turns out he didn't think I felt the same way as him so he was repressing his emotions, but I felt it anyway and I confessed!"

"Finally, oh my god! Logan and I were wondering when that would happen, Miss Kayda knew you two liked each other too!"

"Hey! It wasn't that obvious!"

"Yes it was. But either way, I'm so happy for you! My little brother's got a boyfriend! And a good one at that!"

Virgil blushed brightly, looking away slightly. "You make it sound cheesy." He went over and sat on the couch, leaning back on his side so his wings weren't pressed against it. He could still feel Roman's emotions even though the witch was back at his own house, the love and joy filling his chest. It was warm and comforting, and Virgil couldn't get enough of it. "I am really happy though, he's so amazing and kind."

Patton reached over and ruffled his hair. "So, tell me about the... bonding?" he asked.

The fairy purred slightly, continuing to smile as he explained, "Okay, so Roman told me that only family and lovers do it because it's really special, and that what it does is ties our magic and soul together. So no matter where he is, I'll always be able to find him, and I'll always feel his emotions. It's really comforting, especially since it's a long walk to his house."

"A walk you make every day to see him."

"It's worth it every time. Plus it's a longer walk for him when he meets us in town." Virgil put a hand to his chest as he let himself feel his love for Roman. "I can feel that he's happy right now. He was overwhelmed by my emotions at first, and it made me worry, but he was happy the whole time."

Patton smiled at the expression on Virgil's face, he looked so peaceful and happy, it was really nice to see.

"Well you seem tired, have you eaten?" he asked.

His brother nodded. "Roman and I cooked dinner together."

"That's just cute! If you've already eaten today, why don't you go to bed early?"

"That sounds nice." Virgil stretched before standing. "Night Patton!"

"Goodnight lovebird!"

"Haha, very funny."

~~~

Virgil leaned against their stand with a sigh, it was a slow day and he and Patton were incredibly bored. Logan wasn't there, he presumably was working today, so he wasn't there to talk with them.

"So who do you want to tell?" Patton asked, talking about Virgil and Roman getting together.

"I don't know, I haven't talked to Roman about it yet so I'm not sure if he's comfortable with anyone else knowing," Virgil answered, looking for anyone who might walk over to buy.