Chapter 54: Well That's Not a Cheesy Reunion

CW: iron poisoning, lot's of pain, people being knocked out violently (they're hunters, don't worry), violent deaths (once again, all hunters), and decapitation (you guessed it, a hunter, also it's not too gory and mostly implied)

"What was that?!" Morgan shouted, pulling the knife away from Virgil. The fairy was dropped to the ground, crying in pain as he hit the concrete, but the hunters ignored him as he did his best to curl up.

None of the hunters answered him either, all straining their ears to try to figure it out. Slowly, there were loud sounds of shouting coming from outside as a fight clearly started.

Elliot looked around, trying to figure out if they should do something as they hugged Cynthia closer. They looked over to Virgil, who was barely moving as he tried to curl in pain, and Griffin who slowly nudged closer to him.

"Well, what are you idiots waiting for!" Morgan shouted, walking over to the cell door. "Leave them here! Move it!"

The hunters started to rush to the cell door, but Elliot got up the moment they did. The witch grabbed one of the hunters rifles, pulling it out of their grip before swinging it to hit them in the head.

The other two hunters that were holding their guns went to shoot them, but Cynthia tackled one and Griffin jumped on the other, both holding them down.

Morgan closed and locked the cell door as Elliot pointed the rifle at him. He ducked out of the way as the witch pulled the trigger, running down the hall. Elliot cursed before dropping the gun and going to help Cynthia, who was starting to lose their grip. The hunter that was being held down by Griffin didn't dare move, he possibly passed out from fear or hitting the back of their head on the ground.

Elliot managed to pull the hunters gun away and hit them on the head to knock them out.

"Go help Virgil," they told her. "I'll get us out of here."

Cynthia made a small whining noise, looking over at the lock.

"I know he took the key, I'll figure something out. Just check on Virgil."

The siren nodded and rushed over to the fairy. She sat down in front of him and gently put her hand on his shoulder, earning more whimpers from him. She quietly shushed him and moved him so he was sitting up, grabbing his shirt that was still folded on the ground.

"St-s-stop..." he whimpered, making her hesitate. Small tears slipped out from his closed eyes as he trembled in pain.

Cynthia whined again, looking over to Elliot in desperation.

Elliot pointed the rifle at the lock and blasted it away. They tossed the gun aside before rushing over to help. "It's okay Virgil, we're gonna help."

"R-Rom-man... I-I w-wa-want..." He let out a broken sob, trying to move, but it was getting harder. He could feel the witch, it felt like he was closer but he wasn't sure. He was angry about something, but also worried.

"We know, everything's going to be okay, just hold on." Elliot reached over and picked him up as carefully as possible, but the movement was enough to make Virgil cry in agony.

Cynthia pulled the iron bars to open the cell now that the lock was scrap metal. Griffin was the first to go out, but waited as the others cautiously stepped out. Other prisoners looked over at them in hope, and Elliot felt panic over the time restraint rise.

"Okay, Cynthia I want you to take Virgil and Griffin and get out of here, can you do that?" they asked, walking in front of her to give her the half conscious fairy.

The siren nodded and held out her arms for Virgil, letting him be gently placed in them as he was adjusted to lean against her chest. She watched with worry for a moment as Elliot went back in the cell, picking up a rifle and grabbing bullets from the knocked out hunter's bags.