Part 11

After a series of emergency treatments, Shen Kanyu was in a stable condition. He lay in the hospital bed and slept soundly. The doctor saw Gu Yansheng's tense face beside him, patted him on the shoulder and comforted him, "It's okay. He is doing plaster hot compress now. It's comfortable. Just sleep."

Gu Yansheng nodded politely to the doctor: "Thank you."

After the doctor left the ward, Gu Yansheng pulled a chair and sat down by Shen Kanyu's bed, opening the message sent by Su Tong.

Su Tong: [A Sheng, go ahead with your business. I've almost dealt with it here. You don't have to come over.]

Gu Yansheng replied to the text message and looked up to see Shen Kanyu frowning and uneasy lifting the quilt, revealing his unlucky right hand - first scratching the cushion and chopping his nails, and then being firmly stepped on by a little fat man, scratched everywhere.

Gu Yansheng tucked in the quilt, wiped his hands with alcohol cotton, and took an ointment from the bedside table - he just asked the doctor to prescribe it.

He unscrewed the lid and put the ointment on the cabinet. He held Shen Kanyu's right hand in one hand and the other hand dipped in the milky yellow ointment and gently applied it to the wound.

Then he sat by the bed and thought boringly about something messy.

He remembered that the last time he saw Shen Kanyu so painful that he couldn't speak clearly, it was the sweet time in his life three years ago.

——

At that time, Gu Yansheng and Shen Kanyu were married, and Shen Kanyu was still a scoundrel's wayward and ridiculously. Just because when delivering food to Gu Yansheng, he happened to see him holding Su Tong, who was not feeling well, he threw the lunch box on the ground angrily and made a scene in front of everyone in the studio. He bit Su Tong as a third party and interfered in other people's marriage. He even wanted to rush up and slapped Su Tong with a big belly.

Gu Yansheng was really angry. After stopping him from playing Su Tong's hand, he immediately slapped him and told him to get out of here. He never went home or answered his phone call or texted him back.

Until one day, he received a text message from Shen Kanyu with only four short words: I'm going to give birth.

Gu Yansheng immediately called him: "Shen Kanyu, what tricks are you playing?"

Shen Kanyu's contractions were severe. Hearing Gu Yansheng's voice, he could even laugh: "A Sheng, I know you won't really, er... Never mind mine."

Gu Yansheng sneered: "It seems that you are not really going to give birth."

The contractions suddenly rose. Shen Kanyu bit his sleeves and endured the most painful moment before gasping and laughing, "I didn't lie to you. I don't know who else I can look for. Many people want me to die.

He paused and said hoarsely, "I know, and you also want me to die. But after all, this is your child, Sheng, please help me. The situation is not very good. I may not be able to survive."

——

When Gu Yansheng rushed to the hospital, Shen Kanyu had already entered the delivery room. A doctor pushed the door out. He heard him whispering painfully and hard, and the palms of his hands suddenly sweated coldly.

"The strength is too small for an eight-month-old child to push," the doctor was a little anxious and looked at Gu Yansheng. "Are you the father of the child? Can you go in and spend time? An eight-month-old doll can't be pushed down for so long."

As soon as Gu Yansheng heard that he could go in, he didn't care much, so he immediately changed his sterile suit with the nurse and squeezed into the delivery room.