Chapter 8

~Dipper's POV~

I groaned, not wanting to open my eyes.

"Get up." Said Bill's voice.

Why? Can't I just stay here?

I felt a kick in my side and thought, Apparently not.

I cracked my eyes opened and sat up. Yay, another cave. Seriously, does Bill have any sense of where good hiding spots are?

"With this deal of ours," Bill said. "I think this means I have full command over you."

"Full command? No, no, no," I said. "You can't make me do anything. And you can't threaten my family to make me do it or you lose me. That was our deal. Your deal with Mabel was that she would do anything you asked."

"And she failed, so it's passed onto you."

"What? But that's not fair!"

"I'm a demon. Do you really think I care what's fair?"

I crossed my arms. "Fine, but you can't make me hurt my family. It would corrupt the deal."

"Agreed," Bill said. "Now we're getting somewhere. Let's see... what do I want to make you do first? Hmmm...how about...fetch some firewood and make a campfire. If you run away, I will personally chain your sister to the totem pole outside the shack and burn it down."

I sighed and walked outside the cave to get the firewood. I knew this would be the easy things to do. What else would Bill make me do? I shuttered at the possibilities.

~Mabel's POV~

I refused to leave our room. I clutched Dipper's hat as I shook with sobs. Why'd he have to go all hero and save me? Was he feeling the same way I was right now? Deep, deep sorrow and longing to have him back?

There was a knock on the door. I ignored it. The door opened and Grunkle Stan walked in. "Hey sweetie, how are you doing."

I turned to him, tears running down my cheeks. I didn't answer him.
"I know how you feel," he said, sitting down next to me. "I lost my brother for thirty years. I did whatever I could to get him back. But this is Cipher we're talking about. He won't let Dipper go without a fight."

I lost it. I buried my head into Stan's side and sobbed for a little bit. He patted my back lightly. Waddles jumped up on my bed and tried to comfort me too.

When Stan thought I was asleep, he lightly kissed my forehead and laid me down. "Goodnight, sweetie."

As soon as I heard the door click shut, I sat up. Waddles was curled up next to me. I hugged him. "Oh, Waddles...what am I gonna do?"

~Bill's POV~

Ha! Pine Tree made a rotten deal. I'll have little to no trouble getting him out of the way. Then our deal will be off and I can finally get rid of the rest of the Pines.

My plan was simple...but why would I want to tell you? Yesh! Spoiler alert!

Let's see how this unfolds, shall we?

~Stan's POV~

"But how? If we try, everything we worked for will go down the toilet."

"Trust me," Ford said. "We can save your nephew, get rid of it for good and no one gets hurt."

"It sounds too risky," I said.

"Come on, Stanley," Ford said. "Don't you trust me?"

"I do," I said. "I just don't trust this plan."

"We've done this thousands of times!"

"Yeah, when we were younger," I said.

"Too old for a little adventure?"

I smirked. "Only when I'm dead."

"Exactly," Stanford said. "We leave in the morning."

"But what about Mabel?"

"She'll be fine," Ford said. "And if we get her brother back, she'll be more than fine."

I nodded. "Okay, but just don't tell her what we're actually doing. She gets a little over protective."

Stanford nodded. "She takes after you."

I shrugged. "Yeah, and it's not a bad thing."