Chapter 11

~Dipper's POV~

I wasn't going down without a fight. Bill had no use for me now that he had an evil demon me.

I ducked as he threw a fireball over my head. "Wait!"

He ignored me and tried again.

This time he scored a hit and I was thrown up against the wall. The breath was knocked out of me and I sat there, gasping for breath.

"Anything left to say, kid?" Bill asked.

"Y-you're making...a m-mistake," I gasped out.

"Mhm," Bill said, not convinced. "And what's that?"

"Y-you might...still n-need me."

"Ha!" Bill said. "Like I'd need someone like you. I work solo kid. And I especially don't work with my enemies." His hand burst into flames.

"Who says we have to be enemies?" I asked quickly. "Besides, what if your little puppet fails? You won't have anyone else to turn to."

"True," Bill said. "But with you out of the picture, I can finally wipe your family out of existence and get my hands on those journals. They possess too much power for the human mind."

I almost had forgotten about how Bill stole the journal along with me. "I'll go back to the shack and get the journals for you," I said. "We'll move far away from Gravity Falls. You won't ever have to see us again-"

"No! I need your family dead! And with them dead, I'll access the machine under the Mystery Shack and I'll be even more powerful than now! Just imagine it. I can use bodies as often as I want, a human form of my own, I'll know everything! Come on, Pine Tree, it even sounds tempting to you!"

I made a face. "I'm not like you, Bill," I said, my voice shaking slightly. "And how would killing me and my family do that?"

"Oh, nevermind that," Bill said. "But about going back to the shack... that gives me an idea."

I didn't like his tone. "So...does this mean that you're not going to kill me?"

"Not now at least. But from what I'm going to make you watch, you're gonna wish you were dead!"

~Mabel's POV~

We all ate dinner like a big happy family. I couldn't help glancing at Dipper's wrists. What did Bill do to him? And he seemed...different. Just earlier today, he made a joke with death in it after we found a dead raccoon in the middle of the lawn.

Also, there was something off with his eyes and the way he talked. For example, instead of saying. "Yeah, man. No yeah, I'm sure. Are you sure you don't believe in ghosts?" He would say something like. "Yes. Yes, I'm positive." And then he wouldn't even ask about the ghosts! I knew my brother was going through puberty and junk, but he would never say things like that.

Also, he was looking at the food like he didn't know what it was. "Uh, Dip? Its spaghetti. You love spaghetti."

Dipper smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I know. I'm just not that hungry."

Not that- "Did Bill even feed you?"

Dipper shrugged. "He's more generous than you'd think."

"Uh, okay." I stuffed the rest of the spaghetti in my mouth and took my plate to the sink. "Grunkle Stan, would it be okay if my friends came over tonight?"

Stan shrugged. "I don't see why not."

"Thanks, Grunkle Stan!" I said, rushing to the phone.

After I called Candy and Grenda, I went upstairs and pulled out all the stuff I'd need. I looked up and jumped when I saw Dipper in the doorway. I let out a breath. "Geez, bro, don't scare me like that."

"Sorry," he said. He walked over to his bed and started to look around. I left him to it for a few minutes. When he was starting to look frustrated, I asked, "Hey, Dip? Do you need help? Whatcha looking for?"

"I've got it,"Dipper said from under his bed.

"Okay," I said. "Hey, I hope you don't mind that I'm having a sleepover. I mean, you did just get home and all. If you want me to, I could call it off so we can go mystery hunting of something."

Dipper slipped out from under the bed. "No, no it's okay," he said. "I wouldn't want to spoil your fun."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "If I had friends, I'd want to hang out with them too."

If I had friends? Dipper never says anything like that. What did that evil dorito do to him?

"Um, okay," I said. "Thanks."

I walked downstairs. "Grunkle Stan, does Dipper seem...different to you?"

Stan shrugged. "He's still paranoid, isn't he? If he's not, then yes. Trust me. Guys change. Its all part of growing up. I used to be a trouble making, athlete in school. Well, after boxing lessons at least. Before that I was the biggest wimp on the playground. Still, if your brother wants some alone time, let him have it."

I nodded. "Alright. Well, see ya later."

I had to get to the bottom of this. If Dipper had been changed by Bill, I needed to know. And I intended to find out.

~Demon Dipper's POV~

Where are they? Wouldn't Pine Tree keep them in here?

I searched frantically after Shooting Star left. They weren't under the beds, they weren't in the bookshelves and they weren't on the table next to Pine Tree's bed. I let out a frustrated grunt and a bolt of lightning flashed from my hands.

Bill was trying to contact me. I stepped into the mindscape. "Well?"

"Not yet," I said. "I need to find them."

"Well hurry up. I want to get rid of the Pines' sooner rather than later. That'll teach them to mess with me."

"I won't let you down," I said.

"You'd better not," Bill said, narrowing his eye at me.

~theshipper101~
Muhahaha!!!!

Let's just wait and see where this goes...