Chapter 23

~Mabel's POV~

I got lost, fast.

I thought I knew the woods well enough, but without the Mystery Shack standing, I had no way which direction was which.

My legs grew tired and my throat went dry. I found a creek and took a long drink, resting there for a while. Maybe the portal closed, I thought.

I took another quick drink and followed the creek to the right. I walked for about fifteen minutes or so and stumbled into town. It was an exact replica of Gravity Falls. I spotted a blond girl about my age, sitting on a park bench, wearing all black despite the heat. Pacifica?

I walked over to her. She had a solemn look on her face and wore no make up. Okay, this is weird even for an alternate dimension.

I tapped her shoulder. "Um, could you tell me-"

"Mabel!" Pacifica practically screamed. "Y-your alive?" She pulled me into a hug. I froze. "Uh..."

"No," Pacifica said. "Oh course you're not her." She let go and slumped down on the bench again, covering her face. "She's dead. And so is D-Dipper." She started to sob.

I touched her shoulder. "Hey," I said. "Shhh, its okay-"

"No, it's not!" She yelled, sobbing harder. "They...they were my best friends and then Dipper w-went crazy. H-he killed Mabel and Stan." She sobbed. I let her.

A minute later, she sat, breathing heavily. "I-I'm sorry."

"I understand."

"You just look so much like her."

"Well..." I said, deciding it would be best not to tell her that I was Mabel, but from a different dimension. I didn't want her to this I was a weirdo or anything. I cleared my throat. "I'm...Carol."

Pacifica smiled slightly and held out her hand. "Pacifica."

We shook hands.

"So," Pacifica started, wiping her eyes. "Where are you from."

"Uh, Idaho."

"Cool," Pacifica said, although I could tell she was just being nice.

"So...where do you live?" I asked.

Pacifica pointed to a smallish-biggish house on the end of the street. "My mom and dad own the bakery downtown."

Bakery? What happened to their mansion and not having to work?

"So, where are you staying?"

"Uh, with my Great Uncle...uh...Bob. He lives just outside of town."

Pacifica nodded. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Carol."

I smiled. "You too."

She stood up and walked back towards her parents bakery. "Weird," I muttered.

~Dipper's POV~

You know that saying, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Well, how close do you keep the demonic alternate version of you which isn't exactly your friend but you're not enemy either? Well, at the moment we were holding tightly onto each other for dear life, plunging to our deaths.

We stopped just before we hit the ground. I looked down to see myself floating just off the ground. I glanced at the alternate version of myself. He was chewing his lip. What?

I wish I was human.

If you were human, you'd be dead right now.

I know.