Chapter 33

~Reverse Bill's POV~

What are you doing? A voice in my head asked. This is suicide!

I swallowed, trying to ignore it. "Drop the kids."

Bill smirked and dropped them on the ground, Pine Tree hitting his head. I winced. "What are you going to do?" He sneered at me.

I waved my hand towards the other Pine Tree's cage. It disappeared. He looked up, tears falling down his face. His eyes were glowing yellow once again. He looked a little on the insane side. I sighed. "Don't you see what you're doing?" I asked him, pointing at the boy. "You're practically making sure our downfall is coming? Did you see the boy at you feet's transformation? He could have killed us all!"

"That's why I took his power!" Bill growled.

"And what about him?" I pointed again the the sobbing Pine Tree. "You have to take his power too."

Bill hesitated. "But-"

"If you don't take it, I will," I threatened. I floated off the ground with my arms crossed.

"You can't," Bill said. "Demon regulation law 136g."

I felt energy building up in my hands. "Then stop him before it's too late!"

"No!" Bill said, energy building up in his own hands. As if we were thinking with the same mind, we both shot at each other at the same time. Our powers met, causing something the resembled a mini atomic bomb. It only really affected Bill and me, but the humans backed away from us.

A smile played at the edge of Bill's lip. An involuntary shiver ran down my spine. "When did you get so powerful?"

"I've learned that you're threats were always useless," I said. "You can't be rid of me unless you're dead."

"Yes, from your own dimention," Bill sneered. "I'm at the seniority here."

He turned to blast towards the humans, but I sent up a quick forcefield to protect them. Bill laughed. "You're too soft. How do you call yourself a demon?"

I multiplied myself, hoping to confuse Bill. Then I made myself invisible and went over to the sobbing boy. I touched his shoulder. "Don't worry," I said to Pine Tree. "I'll help you."

I helped him up, turning him invisible too. I touched his forehead, trying to draw the demon out of him. A shock went through my body and I was forced to stop before the boy engulfed my powers. This was how he got powerful. This is how he would end the population.

I looked around, not sure what to do. My invisibility was starting to fade and Pine Tree was still sobbing. Bill had easily taken out my replicas. I bit my lip, not sure what to do.

Then, Pine Tree began to scream.

~Bill's POV~

The coward! I easily crushed his replicas without breaking a sweat. Then I turned to see Bill, holding my demonoid. I gritted my teeth.

Then, the boy screamed.

Bill dropped the boy in surprise. Pine Tree held onto his head, trying to tear out his hair. He was losing his mind. I remembered when I had gone through the same process. I floated over to him. "You'll be the perfect demon that I intended you to be. I'll get stronger by your powers and, eventually, take over the universe."

I doubted the boy heard me, but it felt good to get it out. Everything was falling into place. I let out a laugh that probably sounded worse than normal.

Someone tackled me from behind. We followed for a little bit until I hit the wall. Bill punched he in the face. "Leave him alone!"

I laughed. "How cute," I said. "You're actually trying to save him."