8

a/n: I'M ALIVE! SCHOOL (HELL) IS FINALLY DONE! I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATINGG HOPE YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY THIS CHAPTERRRRRRRRR. jesus u guys thank u for 300+ reads 🥺💓

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A few days had passed as we continued training till graduation. 

"Offer your lives!" Shadis shouted.

"Yes, sir!" we saluted. "adfkjerhf holy shit I made in to the top ten!" I thought as I stand straight between Reiner and Bertholdt.

"Why the hell are they so goddamn tall, I feel so small." I internally cried at the obvious height difference.

"From this day forth, all of you who have graduated from being trainees have three options." They announced.

"Firstly, the Garrison, which is responsible for wall fortification and defending the towns." 

"Surely most people will join that. From what I remember, not much of them -except at the main characters- joined the survey corps"

"Secondly, the Survey Corps, which resolutely ventures outside the wall into Titan territory. And lastly, the Military Police Brigade, which governs the citizens and maintains order." 

"Hmph."

"Of course, only those that we previously announced to be ranked amongst the top ten trainees can select the third option!"

I looked at them in the corner of my eyes, they're all focused, determined and nervous maybe. "Good thing I'm top three, there is no way I'll be able to beat Mikasa. Even If I can I don't think I'll do it anyway."

.
.
.
.
.

I silently watched the other cadets celebrate as I drink my water. I was standing right beside Eren as Thomas talk.

I wasn't really listening since I already knew what they were talking about. Till Thomas' shout got my attention.

"You can't win!" he shouted. That also got others attention, they all stopped and listened to him.

"You know too, right? About the tens of thousands of victims. The answer was obvious after over twenty percent of the population was lost. Mankind can't win against the Titans." Thomas said.

The others remained quiet after that. I silently sighed and looked at the side "I would be lying If I said that I wasn't scared of the Titans. They truly terrified me when I first saw them in person during the fall of Shiganshina. Especially the smiling Titan, the adrenaline was too much for me to notice that since I was too focused on saving mom at that moment."

"So? Are you giving up because you can't win? True, up until now, it's been a losing battle for mankind. But that's because we didn't know much about the Titans! A battle of resources against the Titans is pointless. Although we lost, the information we obtained through fighting will surely bring hope!" Eren said as he continued.

"Are we going to abandon the tactical advances gained through ten of thousands of sacrifices and quietly wait for the Titans to devour us all? You've got to be kidding me! I'll... exterminate every last Titan and escape these confining walls! That's my dream. Mankind hasn't truly been defeated just yet!"

"So cool... I always admire his determination even back in the modern world." I thought as watch Eren with a small gentle smile. I gently patted his back seeing small tears in his eyes.