42

"HAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

I burst out laughing and I heard them gasp.

"Why are you..." I heard Reiner mutter.

I ignored him as I continued to laugh, tears appeared in the corner of my eyes as I slammed my arm down the branch.

"H-How amusing.." I manage to choke out as I laugh.

"Hey, Reiner." I called and wiped my tears using my arms.

"Earlier, you were rambling about how hard it is to become a soldier, then you suddenly confessed that the two of you are warriors and the Armored and the Colossal Titans. And now you're saying you deserve to get a promotion for having an outstanding performance for being a soldier?" I said with a giggle.

"Hey, Bertholdt. Why don't you tell your fellow friend here who he really is, huh? It's getting annoying how quiet you are there." I said with a wide smile.

"What?" Reiner said and looked at Bertholdt with a confused expression.

"Reiner... You're not a soldier, remember? We're both... actually warriors." Bertholdt said.

Reiner slowly widened his eyes and his breathing hitched. He soon furrowed his brows and looked down.

"Right. That's... how it is." Reiner said and held his forehead.

"Huh? What's that mean?" Eren said.

"I think I have an idea on what you're pointing out to him, (Y/n)." Ymir said and slightly elbowed my arm.

"I thought it was strange. Why would one of the guys who broke the wall risk his life to save Connie? He doesn't even realize how much his actions contradict themselves." Ymir said and looked at me.

I hummed. "He must have started as a warrior who came to break the wall, then after pretending to be a soldier for too long, he stopped being able to tell which identity was real." I said and grinned.

"Hey, Reiineer! Are you that guilty that you have to pretend to be a soldier that protects the wall and believe that you're one of us?" I asked and slightly leaned in.

I can see his shoulders trembling, his fingers twitching in his face.

"You must have enjoyed your acting. because I did. You were really good! You too, Bertholdt! It was a show!!" I chuckled.

"Although, there are gaps here and there. This can't be the first time you have gone off the deep end, huh, Reiner? Bertholdt's expression gives that away." I said and stood up.

"It's annoying how I feel pity for the two of you. Bertholdt, what were you feeling when you kicked the wall in Shiganshina, huh? Did you enjoy it? Reiner, how about breaching Wall Maria?" I asked.

"Did you guys enjoy watching how the Titans were killing... What do you call us again? Devils?" I raised a brow and I saw them widened their eyes.

"Oh, right! Idiots! I'm sorry!" I said and hit my arms together.

"It's amazing, really. How someone as honest as you manage to-"

"Shut up!" Reiner snapped and I smirked.

"Shut your mouth." Reiner said- no, more like demanded with a glare.

"Ara, I didn't mean to burst your bubbles, Reiner." I said and covered my mouth using my arm.

"Did I go too far? Do you want me to apologize?" I questioned with a raised brow.

Reiner is literally trembling in anger and I silently chuckled.