41

I opened my eyes to see I'm in the black void again.

The place slowly turned into my house back in Shiganshina and I widened my eyes with a silent gasp.

I was standing behind the younger me, who was drawing on the table.

I looked at my side to see the little girl with two campanula flowers in her hands.

She looked up at me and her face is still blurred like last time.

"You..." I muttered and glanced back to the younger me.

Mom walked down the stairs with clothes in her hand and sat in front of the younger me and started to fold the clothes.

Tears built up in my eyes and a tear slid down my cheek as I watched her fold the clothes.

My younger self stopped drawing and looked up to mom with a hum.

"Mom? Can I help?" the younger me asked.

Mom hummed with a smile. "Sure. Thank you dear." she said and passed me some of my clothes.

Both of them started to fold the clothes together and I looked back at the little girl.

"Why are you showing me this?" my voice trembled as tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

"You seem to forget some memories throughout the years. So that's why, I'm showing you this." she said and passed me one flower.

I grabbed the flower she passed and stared at it for a second, before looking back at the two.

It was quiet, just silence, but it was a comfortable silence. The younger me decided to speak up.

"Mom?" the younger me asked and looked at mom.

"Yes?" Mom said.

"Can... Can I ask you something?" younger me asked and Mom nodded.

"How do you know Monika-san? And uhm... aren't you like... mmm..." younger me asked and nervously hummed in the end, tilting her head.

"Jealous?" Mom said with a smile. Younger me flinched and fiddled her fingers.

"Well... if you put it like that... yeah. I mean- they're- and I didn't even know..."

Mom laughed and patted her head.

"Calm down, (Y/n), dear." Mom said with a giggle and shook her head.

"I miss her laugh..." I muttered and bit my lips, my eyes were still watery and I blinked away my tears.

"Well, when I first took a liking to your father, I did get jealous." Mom said as she continued to fold the clothes.

The younger me stopped folding and leaned in, interested in the information she's getting.

"But they both said they see each other as friends or siblings, so I stopped getting jealous." Mom said.

"Monika even helped me to get with your father." Mom said with a chuckle.

"Ehh?" the younger me muttered.

"But then, after I gave birth to Eren, she went into a coma for unknown reasons." Mom said with a frown.

"A coma?" the younger me repeated and Mom nodded.

I glanced at the little girl who was silently watching, but I noticed her grip on the flower tightened a little.