70

The night passes by and now we're walking on foot in a forest near Wall Maria. We are all holding our makeshift like flashlight, using the glowing ore we found in the underground. Cool, huh?

I was holding the light in my right hand as I held Luna's rein on the left. We all have our hood on as we walk.

I was walking in front of Eren with Marco and Mina beside me. Marco told me that he can hold Luna's reins for me but I declined, not that I didn't trust him, it's just I want to hold her myself.

"Hey." We heard Mikasa calling behind us and we looked back at her.

"Give the reins to him, you should also save up your energy." Mikasa told me.

I shook my head while looking at her, "It's fine. We're just walking, I wouldn't lose that much energy."

Mikasa just gave me the stare that's saying 'give it to them or you're dead.', sending shivers down my spine.

I looked away with a small huff and gave Marco Luna's rein, which he gently took.

"Mikasa's scary as fuck when she wants to..." I muttered with a frown, making the two silently chuckle and agree.

"Titan on the left! Everyone halt!" We suddenly hear Jean yell, making us stop our tracks and look to our left to see a Titan sitting down, leaning at a rock.

The appearance of the Titan quickly made Marco pull me behind him as he and Mina cover me, "Light up the area!"

I pursed my lips and scoffs, "It's fine. That titan's fast asleep."

"She's right. This lad must not be one of those new types that moves at night." Hange spoke up with a small nervous chuckle afterwards.

"I doubt that's a thing." I said, gaining their attention.

"Connie said that pure Titans appeared and attacked them at Utgard Castle when that Beast Titan showed up. I'm guessing that Titan is just like Eren and I and has the ability to control pure Titans anytime he wants." I explained.

"Just like how Annie called out for pure Titans..." I added while looking away.

"Well..." Hange started, making me look at them.

"That could be true, I'll take note of that. But even so, we should be cautious." Hange said and looked at me.

"Right... sorry. I forgot that moonlight comes from the sun." I muttered and looked away.

"It's alright. We'll leave this Titan behind." Hange said and we started to walk away from it.

"I can't believe we didn't see it till that close up." I heard Eren say as we continued to walk.

"Yeah, I'm with you there." Hange responded to him and I decided not to listen and continue forward.

"Hey.." Mina called out, making me tilt my head to her.

"Are you alright? You seem... erm..."

"Upset?" Marco finished for her, making her nod with a frown.

"What? No, no, I'm not upset, I'm just... worried and nervous. Heh... look, my hands are trembling..." I said as I looked down at my hands, biting my lower lip.

I took deep breaths to calm myself down but that doesn't seem to work.

"Dammit..." I muttered and glared at my hand, grabbing it to keep it from shaking.

"It's okay. I've been trembling this whole time." Marco said and showed his hand with the light, trembling.

"Same here." Mina followed with a nervous chuckle, showing her hand as well as it trembled.