79

Monika placed her pen down and let out a sigh as she just finished her English homework.

She already told her mother and her close friends about the news she read earlier and also sent it in their student council group chat just in case.

She tapped her finger on her study table and looked down at her phone as her other hand was resting on her chin.

She placed her arms down on the table and tried to sit still but her leg swayed up and down.

She suddenly felt restless for unknown reasons, she grabbed her phone and stood up, she walked towards her bed and flopped down.

She hugged her pillow and rested her chin on it, placing her arms in front and opened her phone.

It was 8:47 in the evening. Only a few minutes before she goes to sleep.

Monika suddenly had the urge to text (Y/n) in which she did. She opened (Y/n)'s chat and stared at it for a few minutes before typing.

Hot shot 😩💓
Hey, are you up? |

(username)
| yeaa, waddup? just
finished my not so so
late assignment

Hot shot 😩💓
Just checking. Also, why |
is my username like that?

Miller Monika cleared
her own nickname

Miller Monika set her
nickname to Miller

(u/n)
| aw why did u change it?

Miller
My mom will think you're |
my lover or something when she
sees this.

(u/n)
| im sure she wouldn't mind

| i mean, your mom and i are
pretty close soo..?

Miller
Get you're gay ass out here |
(L/n).

(u/n)
| damn

| you can call me by my first
name, y'know?

Miller
I'll think about it. |

(u/n)
| anyways so, whats up?
you don't usually just
check me withouta reason

| is there anything
bothering you? is it
about earlier? im all
good now dw

Monika pursed her lips and stared down at her phone. She turned around and laid on her back as she raised her arms to lift her phone up to her face.

Miller
No, it's something else. |

(u/n)
| yea?

Miller
Just be careful. I read a |
news article earlier about
murders and suicides
suddn... (draft)

Monika stopped typing and turned her head on the door when she heard her mother's voice downstairs and it looked like she was talking to someone.

"Weird... it's pretty late. She should be shutting all the lights now..." Monika thought and placed her phone down to her bed.

She stood up and walked out of her door, she looked at the stairs in curiosity and worry.