64

I yawned and ate my bread, silently thanking the heavens that my throat doesn't hurt that much anymore.

It was already night and we're eating dinner at the cafeteria. Marlowe decided to join us and talked about the new weapons we have for killing Titans.

Marlowe slammed his cup on the table, making me slightly flinch and look at him in surprise.

"We can win! We have a chance!" Marlowe said confidently.

"The Titans don't stand a chance against those things!"

"... It's hard to trust the words of someone who's never fought a Titan." Jean said and frowned at him.

"Yes, I'm still a rookie here, but people weren't so excited right after I joined!" Marlowe smiled as he talked.

"It means that everyone is crazy about the new weapons!"

Jean sighed and shook his head.

"Don't get too excited. Most people don't celebrate joining the Survey Corps." Jean told him.

"That reminds me." Sasha spoke up, gaining our attention.

"Did Hitch try to talk you out of joining?" Sasha asked Marlowe, who raised a brow.

"Hitch? Why would she?" Marlowe cluelessly asked.

Connie and Sasha's faces turned into a teasing smile and tried to hold their laugh.

"Why? Aren't you two... like that?" Sasha sneered and giggled.

"Ghghgh... right?" Connie snickered.

"Pfft-" I covered my mouth and tried not to choke on my food.

"WHAT KIND OF LAUGH WAS THAT?!"

Armin patted my back and I covered my grin with my hand.

"Are you okay?" Armin asked, his brows furrowed and his lips were slightly lifted upwards.

"Yeah, I'm good." I faintly giggled and grabbed my cup of water.

"I don't know what you mean." Marlowe spoke up and we glanced at him.

"But Hitch did tell me I wasn't cut out for the job and that I shouldn't fake it. She said I could have an easy life if I stayed in the Military Police. I thought she was better than that. So I told her to take her cowardice elsewhere." Marlowe said with a serious face.

"Dumbass." Jean commented, confusing Marlowe.

"Huh?"

"He's oblivious..." Marco sweat dropped, making Mina nod.

"Are you slow, Marlowe?" Armin asked.

"That bowl cut is shrinking his brain." Sasha said as she looked at Marlowe's haircut.

"What? Marlowe's right, you know?" Eren defended.

"But then again, Hitch's just probably worried so she said those things to you." I told him and he glanced at me with a much more confused gaze.

"Worried? Why? We're only acquaintances." Marlowe said.

We let out a sigh and slumped down, making Marlowe even more confused.

"She wouldn't tell you those things if she doesn't care about you, you bowl cut head idiot. Plus, you're literally asking for a death wish by joining the Survey Corps." I said. Marlowe furrowed his brows at me as I continued.

"Having new weapons doesn't lower the chance of death, let alone that you have no experience about kill-"

I suddenly coughed, making me look away and cover my mouth.