24

Annie just finished her shower and wiped her hair dry. She changed into some comfortable sleeping clothes and sigh.

"I have to wait until tomorrow before the expedition. They surprisingly gave me another day off." Annie thought and sighed.

Annie walked towards the bunk bed that she shared with Hitch, only to stop when she heard a knock on the door.

"It's already late at night. Who the hell is knocking this late?" Annie annoyingly thought before approaching the door.

Annie opened it and saw her Captain with a letter in hand.

"Sorry for knocking this late, but someone sent a letter for you. It reached here just before the closing." Her Captain said and handed her the letter.

"It's okay, thank you." Annie said with a blank look.

The Captain nodded and left with a 'Good night'.

Annie closed the door and sighed. She looked at the paper and walked back to her bed and sat down.

Annie opened the letter and read it.

" 'Hey, Annie! It's (Y/n). How have you been? I miss you! It's been a while since we last talked or hung out. I have a day off tomorrow so let's hang out! I hope you're free tomorrow, if not, I'll just visit you and talk for a bit while we can. I'll bring someone with me too! I want you to meet her. Anyway, sorry for giving you this letter this late. Have a good night!. Signed, (Y/n) Yeager :D.' "

Annie smiled a little and looked at the bottom part.

" 'P.S. If you are free for tomorrow, meet me in the dock! I'll see you there around noon! <3' "

Annie blushed a little at the heart in the end and looked at the rose hair comb clip Hitch gave her.

" 'Anyways, if you're going to go on a date, you should try wearing this.' " Annie remembered what Hitch wrote in her letter and blushed.

Annie shook her head and hid the letter under her pillow.

"This is not a date... just a hang out." Annie muttered and laid down.

"A hang out... just the two of us..." Annie whispered and blushed again.

Annie groaned and turned her side. "But she said she'll bring someone along... who is 'her'..." she whispered again.

"Ugh, whatever..." Annie groaned once again and closed her eyes to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

Annie woke up around 9 am and ate breakfast before taking a bath. She wore her usual plain white hoodie, high knee brown boots with jeans.

Annie grabbed the rose hair comb clip and stared at it. She didn't notice Hitch walking inside their shared room and looked at Annie with a raised brow.

Hitch noticed she was holding the comb clip she gave her and smirked.

"I didn't know you're going on a date instantly. Wow, who's the lucky person?" Hitch spoke up, making Annie flinch and glare at her.

"I'm not going on a date, just hanging out with a friend." Annie said and placed the comb clip down.

Annie passed by Hitch, walking towards the door. Hitch grabbed her arm and pulled her back, making Annie yelp.

"Ah, no, no, no. You are not leaving like that." Hitch said, gesturing about her clothes and opened her closet.

Annie clicked her tongue and glared harder at Hitch, but Hitch wasn't bothered by it.