1

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 1

movie - the amazing spider-man 2

___
graduation
___

"Hello, New York City!"

       THE MASKED VIGILANTE, BETTER known as Spider-Man, had been swinging through the city streets, already practicing his apology for not only his aunt May, but his two friends who have been constantly bombarding him with calls and texts over his whereabouts.

      Although he couldn't see her, Peter knew well enough that Charlotte was frantically looking throughout the crowd of students, hoping that he had just gotten lost in the crowd and not actually been late to his own graduation.

•••

"That has to be him, look at the hair!"

LIKE HE THOUGHT, Charlotte Masters, also called Charlie, had her eyes glued to the section of students where Peter Parker would alphabetically fall into. Though deep down she knew the boy had not yet shown up, Charlotte was having all hope that for once, she was wrong.

Emery McKinley, the third friend in the trio, quietly snickered at Charlotte's worried state. To her, Peter Parker had always been late to everything.

"He will be here soon," she simply stated, eyeing her friend. "He is always late, this is nothing new."

Charlotte wanted to believe her friend, however, she knew that after the incident that happened a year ago, Peter Parker was nowhere near staying out of trouble.

"I'm going to call him again," Charlotte sighed, standing from her seat. "The P's will be up soon and May will be devastated if he misses this moment."

At her statement, Charlotte did not wait for a response, already heading the opposite way of her seat. However, she did catch the small look Emery had given her, making Charlotte smile back at her annoyed friend.

It had only taken a moment for Charlotte to find Peter's contact, immediately placing the phone up to her ear. As the rings continued, the small girl hummed in disappointment of the lack of answer.

"Please don't yell at me, I got caught in— traffic," She suddenly heard Peter's exasperated voice through the phone, causing her heart to stammer for a split second.

"Your name is going to be called soon," She responded instantly, "May keeps staring at your seat, I think—" Charlotte paused, listening intently as she heard noises coming from Peter's end of the call, "Are those sirens?" She almost shouted, immediately covering her mouth to quiet herself.

       Peter had paused for a moment, quietly mumbling a no as Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"You are an awful liar, you know that right?"

       "Sirens? What sirens?" He continued his lie, immediately cursing to himself as shots began to be fired, "Listen, I'm on 1st of broadway, 2nd of broadway." He explained over the noise, "I'll be there in 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops."

       Charlotte's soft sigh could be heard through the phone, despite all the disruptive noise that surrounded Peter.

"Just be careful, please?"

         "Anything for you," He responded,

"Be there in a minute, Charlie."

~~~
(a/n)

charlotte (charlie) masters will be taking the place of gwen stacy

chapters will become longer