35

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 35

movie - spider-man: no way home

•••

CHARLOTTE'S FACE FLUSHED IN embarrassment. The person laid underneath her, quietly groaning at the impact. Trying to compose herself, she had went to apologize to the individual, only then realizing who laid beneath her.

"Peter!" Her voice gleamed happily. Out of excitement, she couldn't stop herself from pulling him into a tight hug, feeling as his arms wrapped around her just as quickly.

but she then remembered they were in the middle of the road.

Embarrassed again, Charlotte had pushed herself away and opted to pulling him off the road — immediately placing both hands against his cheeks. She stared up at him, checking for any injuries. "You just disappeared out of thin air!" Her voice rushed out, "Are you okay? Where'd you wake up?"

Peter's heart stammered against his chest—

—Not only because of her hands on his face, but also because Charlotte's thumbs gently glided against his cheeks — her eyes looking up at him worriedly.

"I'm okay." His voice was soft, but she had heard it. And like his voice, her face softened at his words. She was absolutely relieved to see him.

Peter stared longingly at her before pulling her into his chest again, keeping a tight hold as he hugged her. They both smiled against the embrace.

"Do you know what's happening?" Her curious voice was barely heard as her face was nuzzled into his chest — but Peter had sort of nodded in response, not exactly knowing but having a rough idea of what was happening.

His hand moved from around her waist to her cheek, softly tucking in the hair that had fallen over her eyes. Though she slightly stiffened at his touch, she had quickly leaned into his hand, enjoying the feeling.

"I think we are in a different reality."

It stayed quiet for a minute — two minutes— three and four. Charlotte's arms had fallen to her sides and she had simply stared off, her face furrowing in thought.

"So there really is a green guy who yells smash?"

"What?"

       Charlotte shook away her thoughts, standing back from Peter. It was hard to tell what the blonde was thinking — her eyes flickered around New York city and her face showed multiple emotions, some Peter couldn't even dictate. But then she gasped, putting her hands in her hair.

"Holy SHIT!"

Charlotte finally had everything click.

       "Peter!" Her eyes widened as she placed both hands against his shoulders, "We're in a new reality!"

       Peter knew it wasn't the time to laugh, so he bit back his lip as a smile started to form — watching the girl's mind run wild.

"And your suit—"

       "—My suit!" She cut him off, her grip getting firm, "Oh my gosh, Peter! I don't have it, I can't fight in jeans— I just bought this top!"

       Peter gently removed her hands, finally letting a laugh escape his lips. Charlotte sent him a harsh glare, but he had shrugged it off, "I'll make you something to wear, okay?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"We are in an entire new reality," Her voice grew into a whisper, "When are we going to find a time or place to—"

She never finished her sentence.

The two had heard slight murmuring of a repeated name a short distance away from them. Anyone who walked by didn't seem to notice it, but as Charlotte and Peter's senses went off, the two followed the indistinct voice.

Down the road and into a dark alleyway, Peter had already began to remove the clothes that covered his suit — tossing Charlotte his mask to hold as he did so.

Every step they had taken, the voice would become louder and clearer — it had gotten to the point where the two could actually hear what he was saying.

"I just wish we could see Peter."

Charlotte and Peter glanced around, looking for the source of the voice. However, no clue was given as it spoke again.

"Find Peter Parker."

Peter had been looking in one area as Charlotte looked in another. The two were turned away when a golden spark glitched behind them. They hadn't realized something opened right behind them.

Until two excited voices caught their attention.

"Peter!"

~~~
ch.35