20

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 20

movie - the amazing spider-man 2

•••

EMERY WAS ECSTATIC FOR her date with Harry Osborn. Since he had been back, this would be the third time they had gotten together.

And although the raven haired girl was absolutely distraught when she first heard he left without a goodbye, her love for him never faded — and she had never moved on with any new relationships.

Like Harry, Emery had decided that she would never get further than a simple hookup with another. And though she hadn't had any models like Harry had, she did get around.

But, that was all before, and now Harry Osborn is back — Her Harry.

And she is taking advantage of it.

After leaving Peter Parker's home, Emery had made her way back to her own house, though it seemed like anything but a home.

Currently, her mom was out of the house with her boss —  who seemed very infatuated with Mrs. McKinley. Her father, on the other hand, had his 5th beer in his hand, cursing at the screen as the football game was going poorly for his team.

Making her way up to the rich, marble staircase, Emery had flinched as she entered the mansion, hearing her father's beer bottle slamming into the wall beside the tv.

Being all too used to this behavior, Emery had sent her location to Charlotte, carefully placing her feet on the strongest stairs inside her home.

       She couldn't afford to squeak under the loose boards.

After successfully getting into her room, the light pink walls had immediately hit her eyes as her feet roamed over the pearly white carpet, leading the girl to her walk in closet.

Emery had already pre-picked an outfit, so it wasn't a surprise as she easily made it to a specific area of her closet — her fingers tracing the white, leather skirt and light blue top.

      Being confident with what she looked like, Emery did not need to look into the mirror once she was dressed. Her straight, short hair was tucked behind her ears as long, golden earrings cascaded down to her collar bone. Her thin lips were traced with a maroon lipliner and her lashes were full with pitch black mascara, perfectly matching the color of her hair.

       She was radiating a glow when she had left her room, her smile was full.

She was happy and confident.

Until the stairs creaked under her step.

       Jeffery McKinley, although very intoxicated, had heard the loud crackle of the stairs. Already being annoyed with the loss of his football team, his pissed off state had grown at the sound of his daughter leaving without a goodbye.

      Emery had shivered as the man grumbled his way towards her, noticing his eyes lingering down her body before grasping her arm.

      She knew the impact of his touch was painting her skin red as he tightened it — and her disgust had grown as the older man had placed a wet, sloppy kiss on her cheek and brought his lips to her ear.

      "Don't be out too late," His voice wavered in a threatening tone, again, eyeing down her frame.

       Emery had stayed quiet, but nodded at his words, not wanting to upset him further. Though, he was happy with that response and the conversation had ended — Using her frail body as leverage as he pulled himself up the stairs, towards his bedroom.

         She had wasted no time leaving after that, immediately making her way down the long driveway, towards the cab that had been waiting for her.

Emery had refused to let the man ruin her day.

        But, unknown to the just high school graduate, Jeffery McKinley was not going to be the one that had ruined her day.

~~~
ch.20