34

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 34

movie - spider-man: no way home

•••

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE AVENGERS?"

"Stop making up words!"

Charlotte was not expecting this conversation to last as long as it did. It started with the man named Hawkeye and soon led to a supposed man named Iron Man, who apparently wasn't even made out of iron.

Charlotte had also heard about the alien from space and the so called blip — and then, as the brunette in front of her stopped momentarily, Charlotte had officially thought the conversation was over.

But then she brought up the Avengers.

Kate Bishop, the girl who continuously talked to Charlotte, was trying anything to keep the girl distracted. She had texted Clint Barton just 20 minutes prior, but as he was known to ignore her texts — she had felt slightly defeated.

"All very interesting," Charlotte mused, finally being able to get a word in, "You have a very active imagination."

Kate perked up at her words, furrowing her brows, "I didn't make that up!"

"Mhm." Charlotte smiled in response, pushing herself off the dining room chair Kate had forced her into. And at the action — Kate had followed her steps, trying to reach her before Charlotte reached the door.

"Where are you going?"

            Charlotte sighed, watching as the girl stepped in front of her — blocking the way to the door. Kate's question had lingered in the air and Charlotte gave no attempt in answering it.

"I can't let you leave."

             Kate had crossed her arms as soon as the words left her lips, trying to gain some intimidation towards the blonde.

             "You can't keep me on house arrest," Charlotte responded slowly, "This isn't even my house."

But Kate stood her ground.

"Please?"

Again, she stood still.

          Charlotte had rolled her eyes in response, feeling slightly impressed with the girl in front of her. The patience she had was something Charlotte hadn't expected.

          However, despite the stubborn girl, Charlotte still knew she'd need to leave the apartment. She needed — wanted to find her Peter as soon as she could. And as she glanced around the room, trying to find anything she could use to escape, she could only hope he wasn't too far.

. . .

peter parker wasn't too far.

        After hearing the news over — well, the other Peter Parker — Peter had added another thing to his to do list.

         One, if she was even here, Peter needed to find Charlotte and make sure she was safe. He didn't understand why he was chosen to join this new reality — however, something deep down had told him that whatever the reason was, Charlotte had probably been dragged into it as well.

     Two, find this reality's version of Peter Parker (hopefully with the aid of Charlotte) and try to get an understanding of why they were there.

       It didn't take long for the boy's feet to roam through New York. Every now and then, his foot would step into a puddle, causing it to splash against his pants.

        Peter had luckily remembered to wear his suit underneath his casual clothing — however, something told him that Charlotte, if she had truly followed him there, hadn't.

And he was right.

. . .

        THE ENTIRE APARTMENT BUILDING of Kate Bishop had a blackout.

        The brunette had silently cursed to herself as she heard her door slam shut, indicating that somehow Charlotte had escaped from her grasp.

       Charlotte, after successfully escaping, had sprinted through the dark hallways — watching as the lights flickered with each step she took. Her breath was growing ragged, but she continued her sprint — running into the hall's decorations every now in then.

        Her hands traveled the walls before she had felt a door hit her fingers. Feeling for a knob, she had hoped it wasn't another apartment and pushed it open — slightly falling at the impact.

       Charlotte's feet had tripped over the stairs but she grasped onto the railing, holding herself steady as she made her way down.

        Feeling as if she had a good distance from the brunette, Charlotte had snapped her fingers, seeing as the lights dimmed under her touch — just enough so she could see where she was going.

        After passing each floor, Charlotte would glance at the signs — reading each number.

floor 3

floor 2

lobby.

        Panting, Charlotte had pushed open the door, sprinting through the Lobby toward the exit. Her feet carried her into the sidewalk and then through the streets — where she had harshly run into someone. Knocking them both off their feet.

~~~
ch.34