46

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 46

movie - spider-man: no way home

•••

"HEY MAX, YOU MISS ME?"

A web was shot out, almost immediately after the words left his lips, at Electro — And despite it connecting right to his chest, a single flicker was made, causing it to dissolve into nothingness. Max smiled at the sight.

the other two did not.

"That's not going to work on me!" He hoarsely laughed out, and Charlotte felt her frown grow further.

Though, she didn't have much time to dwell on that part — because just a moment later, Max pushed out his hands, releasing a wave of golden energy right at them.

Her body tensed at the sight.

Charlotte was the first to react, quickly grabbing onto Peter as she pulled them away, straight off the beam they were currently standing on.

And much to her luck, she successfully formed a web — which barely carried them away from the attack.

    Though, even then, a few curses were still released from her mouth — since as she swung away, he would continuously pivot his power towards the duo.

      And the weight of the two bodies slowed her down immensely.

"Crazy thought," She started, barely avoiding the graze of golden electricity, "I'm going to let go of you—" She roughly continued, before stopping as another web escaped her wrist. "—And I want you to get his wrists trapped.." She let out a needed breath, "So I can put the cure on his chest, got it?"

a beat of silence.

Peter stayed quiet for a moment, and then two — and Charlotte almost thought he didn't hear her. But as she was about to speak again, he slowly nodded, "Got it." He spoke quietly, "Be careful, Charlie."

And she let out a reluctant smile at the familiar words.

"Anything for you," she repeated.

and she let go.

Unlike Charlotte, Peter was both quick and confident with his web swinging skills. So, almost immediately after he was released from her grasp, Peter was quick to maneuver past the electrical shots — And she watched impressively as he already trapped a single hand.

Her body turned rather awkwardly as she spun around, coming towards Max as he struggled with his grip. And once Peter's second web hit his other hand, Charlotte was quick to follow — aiming the cure right for his chest.

However, as she had gotten closer with each swing — the amount of electricity they shared soon became overwhelming, leading for a sharp pain to hit them both. And just a second later, an electric shock hit them both rather harshly — causing the girl to fly back roughly.

And much to her dismay, the structure of the building was quickly approached by the girl — and she had hit right into it — causing a permanent dent right into the shield itself.

she winced.

And as she peered back down, right towards Max — her eyes widened at the sight, making her jump right back into the fight — right where Peter was currently engulfed in electricity.

A mixture of both screams and groans left the boys lips, and Charlotte angled her body downwards, trying to pick up speed as she watched him.

"come on, come on, come on," her voice weakly murmured, and as soon as she could — Charlotte tackled Peter away from the line of fire, causing the two to roughly land a few feet away.

The pain in her body still chorused throughout, but again, she ignored that feeling — rushing straight to Peter, who was trembling on the ground in front of her.

"Peter.." Her voice was soft, kneeling next to him,"Pete, it's okay," She tried to speak, but as his cries of pain only grew — she knew he couldn't hear her.

But even with that knowledge, she continued to reassure him, trying to wrack her brain with anything she could come up with.

and then she perked up.

"I'm going to try something, okay?" She continued her reassurance, gently placing her hand onto his warm skin, immediately feeling the amounts of electricity that flowed through him, "...and I don't know if it's going to work," she continued, mostly to herself, "but i'm just going too.." Charlotte's voice drowned out as she sucked in a breath, keeping her focus merely on the electricity in front of her.

The heat that surrounded both Peter's body and suit grazed her fingertips, and as she thought carefully — she could feel as it started to rise.

The burning sensation started at her fingertips, following through to her palm, and slowly painted into her arm. Charlotte's teeth clicked together at the feeling — and her eyes gleamed brightly as the new electricity flowed through her.

Peter's uneven breaths slowly calmed at the feeling, and despite the tremendous pain she was starting to feel, smiled at the fact.

"Peter?" she asked gently.

Again, a beat of silence hit.

"That really hurt."

~~~
ch.46