45

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 45

movie - spider-man: no way home

I'M SO DEARLY SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE OH MY GOODNESS!!

i've been super busy and haven't had time to rewatch any of the scenes to refresh my memory :(

this chapter is kinda a filler — again, so sorry.

just a refresher of the last chapter

        •they healed Sand Man
        •charlotte was worried about (old) Peter
•flashback of emery
        •he was okay!! (obvi, eheh)

now lets continue....

•••

A SHAKY BREATH ESCAPED Charlotte's lips, and even though it was covered, a smile adorned her face. The oldest Peter slowly limped forward, now holding his mask, giving the trio a nod.

"It works."

       The blonde didn't think her smile could get any bigger, but after his words, a huge grin was released — and she even heard a happy chuckle leave the youngest lips.

"Okay, who's next then?" 

It got quiet.

         The group of four did not answer that question, but rather glanced up in the direction of electro, who was now sparking aggressively as he looked for them.

       "He's definitely the biggest problem," She responded easily, feeling her body jolt when he appeared closer — and Peter flinched back with his touch — eyeing her wearily.

       "Are you okay?" He whispered towards her, and Charlotte merely nodded when she glanced back up at him, "He's a lot stronger than last time."

Though she couldn't see his face, she knew he was slightly concerned with her wording. "So it wasn't just his appearance that changed?" He asked back, and Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, looking past him and towards the man.

"I think so."

"Are you any different then?" He continued his interrogation, making himself fully face her.

Charlotte furrowed her brows at that statement, and quickly pulled the mask off her face to stare up at him, "Do I look any different?"

He'd gotten quiet

Peter stared back breathlessly, almost admiring her as a look of concern crossed her face. "I thought it was only the webs that changed," She continued speaking, but Peter could only see her lips moving.

"Hello?"

With his eyes widened, he let out an awkward cough — being happy that his mask was covering his now blushed face. "Oh, uhm, n-no. Of course not!" He stuttered out quickly, and Charlotte followed with a confused but amused expression.

"Are you okay?" She stated back, mocking his previous question, "Cat caught your tongue?"

"What cat?"

"Are you guys even listening?"

The two jumped back at the oldest's words, and mumbled a short apology — causing them to receive two different pairs of eye rolls in response.

"Please, continue."

       The youngest Peter held his hand up, pointing another cure he had found towards Charlotte — right before tossing it to her.

she almost dropped it.

      "Sorry! sorry," She awkwardly stated, pulling the cure into a safe hug as she looked at him, "Who's cure?"

      "Electric— guy?" He answered back quickly, "You just need to place it on his chest and you're good."

"And what about you lot?"

       "Well," The oldest started, "I was thinking you two—" He pointed to Charlotte and her Peter, "—Could do him and we," He then pointed towards himself and the youngest, "Could get the lizard."

"Yeah.." Peter responded unsurely, "We can do that," He continued his words, seemingly trying to convince himself, "Or," He paused, "We could do the lizard and you guys—"

"—We can do the electric guy" Charlotte interrupted him, "Don't listen to him." She responded easily, placing her mask back over her face, "Good luck!"

A mutter of protest left his lips, but as Charlotte pulled him away and towards electro, it was left unheard by the other two.

"Stop it," She hushed him, "I get shocked every other second, you can handle it... I'll protect you," She sarcastically stated, earning a mocked scoff from Peter as he casually placed his arm over her shoulder — again — receiving a small shock.

"I don't have a fire hose this time," He answered shortly, "Can't we just push him into the water?" He gestured below them, towards the water.

Charlotte held back a laugh, glancing down at the water herself, "So creative!" She smiled, "Although I'm pretty sure that just what— holds back his electricity for so long?"

"Okay, it sounded better in my head," He awkwardly coughed out, earning a small laugh from Charlotte.

"It was a good start—" She tried to convince, but Peter only moved his hand from her shoulder to her mouth, muffling her words quickly.

"You're an awful liar."

"Why does everyone say that!"

~~~
ch.45