19

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 19

movie - the amazing spider-man 2

•••

          THOUGH IT WASN'T THE best hiding place in the world, Charlotte found herself in a small closet in the Oscorp building.

            Her senses were stinging through her body, electricity was causing pain behind her eyes, screams could be heard echoing in the hallways — but all Charlotte think about was Peter.

            And although she had no luck previously, she continued to press the call button on his contact, internally begging for the boy to pick up — She had even opted to sending him her location, hoping he would receive the message.

He had.

          Because after a long fifteen minutes, the brunette had awkwardly fallen into the closet, leading Charlotte to fall into a messy shelf—
           — A cleaning bottle had fallen off in the process, but both Charlotte and Peter had reached up and caught it, leading her now to see who started the disruption.

            "Peter!" She breathed out in relief, shoving herself towards him to give him a hug, "Peter!" Her tone changed, pulling away from him and smacking him on the shoulder, earning an ow, "You didn't answer my calls!"

           "I didn't have it on me!" He defended himself quickly, now looking around, "This is the maintenance closet, Charlie — this is the most clique-"

"Oh, okay" Charlotte pettily laughed out, "I'm sorry I didn't take us to the Bahamas of hiding places?"

"I just expected more from you," He sarcastically stated, earning a playful scoff from Charlotte.

Though, before she could respond, Peter had turned away from the girl, zipping open his backpack as she curiously watched.

His face went from a smile to disappointment as he looked into his bag, pulling out a messy bunch of sunflowers.

"Are those—?"

"For you?" He awkwardly laughed out, scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, I actually had this whole plan-" He began to ramble, "Getting you sunflowers, Emery helped me a lot with this— I had no idea what to wear," He gestured to his clothes, Charlotte tried to listen intently as his words mumbled together, "And she took basically an hour to teach me how to ask you on a date. And then the flowers, don't get me started on the —"

Charlotte's face flushed red as his words sunk in and she placed a hand over his mouth, looking at his frightened stare deeply.

"You were going to ask me on a date?" Her smile slowly appeared, her heart beating wildly against her chest.

Peter hadn't even realized he had let that part slip, but his head had shortly nodded, watching as her face brightened at his words.

              Both their hearts were feeling as they were about to burst, and they almost did before all electricity had gone out — leading people's cries to grow louder.

            Charlotte had peaked through the door, down the hallway as she simply flicked her wrist, watching as the lights lowly dimmed.

She turned back to Peter.

          "How about you ask me again when this is all over?" She spoke hopeful towards him, watching as he matched her expression.

"Is that a guaranteed yes?"

           She had only shrugged, keeping a simple smile on her face as she grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the maintenance closet.

           The two had innocently tangled their fingers together as she pulled him towards the window, showing him what they were against.

His grip tightened against her own.

           "Well, time to suit up, Spider-Man."

~~~
ch.19