10

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 10

movie - the amazing spider-man 2

•••

HARRY OSBORN NEVER FINISHED the meeting he previously had. Instead, he and Peter Parker had spent the rest of the evening with each other. Reminiscing their pasts.

      "—And then Europe!" Harry had finished his story. Telling Peter every place he had traveled to after he had left the group.

       "I saw that," Peter nodded, walking alongside Harry — who was now giving him a confused look.

"What do you mean you saw that?"

       "I saw you on the front of a magazine," Peter explained further, "You were with a French supermodel."

"Oh, Amélie Dubois," He spoke in remembrance, snapping his fingers as the name rolled off his tongue.

"So you know what I'm talking about?" Peter nodded, laughing at his friend, "Surprised you remembered her name."

       Harry smiled in response, "Yeah— dude, that whole model thing is so exhausting," he dramatically stated, rolling his eyes.

       "Oh, I know," Peter sarcastically sighed out, softly pushing Harry in the shoulder, "I have lots of experience with supermodels."

      "Was always the lady's man," Harry jokingly added in, earning a mocked laugh from Peter.

       Harry arched his brow at that, "What? You got a lady?"

        Peter went quiet at the question, looking down at the sidewalk, "That's a question," He mumbled, "It's complicated, I guess."

          "Charlie, right?" Harry added onto his question, noticing the quick look Peter had given him at the name.

        "What— why Charlie?" He spluttered out, failing to hide the red that grew on his cheeks.

         "Your her screensaver," Harry shrugged, smiling at his friend's anxious state, "You guys seemed pretty close in it."

          Peter smiled at his words, already knowing the photo that was in mention — he had also taken the extra measure to completely power off his own phone — not letting Harry see the single photo of Charlotte as his screensaver.

"Just friends—"

          "For now," Harry cut him off, "Don't wait too long, she's a pretty girl. Life's short, something could happen— happen to her."

"I'll keep that in mind."

         Once Peter's words left his mouth, the two let the silence rest over them as the next few minutes went by, keeping their eyes rested on the water near them.

           "When I left," Harry started, keeping his eyes focused away from Peter, "I decided to completely forget New York, which I guess ended up being you three as well." Harry glanced over at Peter who kept his eyes forward, "Now look what New Yorks got. Lizards, Spider-Man, and his little sidekick."

         Peter nodded along, lightly laughing at the end of his sentence, "I don't think I'd call her a sidekick."

           "Whatever, man," Harry laughed, his smile growing, "It's two people wearing spandex and saving kitten's from trees — I'm so impressed," He spoke sarcastically.

            Peter looked at him briefly, trying to match his smile, but failing to do so.

            "I like to think he gives people hope," A new voice broke the quiet, earning two sets of eyes on her, "Speaking of hope — I hope that I'm not ruining guy time," Charlotte smiled, joining the two, "But Emery and I were on a walk and— well, we saw—"

"Emery's here?"

Charlotte watched as Harry's eyes flicked past her to the girl who stood a few feet behind them.

"You should go say hi," Charlotte softly whispered, looking back at her friend, "I needed to talk to Peter anyways."

Harry's eyes had never left Emery as he nodded to Charlotte's words, swiftly moving past her to see the short haired girl.

           Though, he stopped abruptly and looked back at Peter, giving him a look that Charlotte could not understand at all.

           "Remember what we talked about— what I said," He called out the Peter, smiling as he briefly looked at Charlotte, "I'll see you on Monday— Hope you found those photos."

             Charlotte awkwardly laughed in response, turning away from Harry.

"What photos?"

             Charlotte's smile had immediately vanished as she stepped closer to Peter, "We need to talk about Harry."

             Peter cocked his head at her words, glancing behind her towards Emery and Harry's conversation. They seemed to be getting along. "Right now?" He asked, earning a dumbfounded look from Charlotte,

"Sorry, dumb question."

~~~
ch.10