23

spider-man|taskmaster

chapter 23

movie - the amazing spider-man 2

•••

GRIPPING HER OWN PIECE of glass, Charlotte had ducked away from his attack, turning her body away from him. Her own arm had sliced at his leg, but Harry had been quick enough to dodge it with his hand.

She had abruptly gotten to her feet as he stumbled to the side, being careful as she clutched the small shard of glass in her hand. Harry had cocked his head, studying her movements as she kept still.

Through her mask, Charlotte's eyes had scattered the walls looking for the roof's stairs. She found it strange that Harry was only studying her, but her thoughts had changed as she noticed his fingers tapping against something on his side.

Again, a rumble had sounded behind her, and Charlotte was quick to jump out of the way from the glider that had snuck behind her.

The two had watched it fly out of the already shattered window, and Harry had turned back to her — giving her a mock solute as he began to run to his glider.

Charlotte had shook her head in disbelief, running after him as he jumped against the device — feeling his eyes widen as the weight of Charlotte had followed after him.

She had cursed to herself as her single hand had gotten ahold of Harry's glider, and her curses grew louder as the glider wildly got out of control due to the uneven weight.

The two had flown at an awkward, upward angle and she had watched as the city's streets had grown smaller. Her breath became hitched at the sight, but she quickly learned to ignore it as she saw the roof she was targeting.

Plunging her other hand onto the glider, Charlotte bared her teeth as electricity flowed through her body, slowly shutting down the device.

Harry let out a short yell as he had been thrown off, and Charlotte followed step as she lost her grip, harshly tumbling on the roof.

The glider had barely missed her as it crashed between the two and Harry momentarily gave her a bewildered look at what she had just done.

Though, it didn't last long.

It only took a matter of seconds before the two had attacked each other again. Charlotte had the upper hand for the most part, her body taking control as it performed perfect sequences against Harrys punches and kicks. The sick boy continued to fight harsher, growing agitated as he only managed to get a few punches in on the girl.

Her eyes burned more as she continued to fight and she could feel as the heat glided through her body. Charlotte's punches soon turned electric and Harry was at the receiving end of it — His body slightly fidgeting as he fell against the roof.

"You bitch," He seethed, glaring at the girl harshly, "How about you stop being such a coward and take off your mask, huh?"

Charlotte wasn't expecting his words, and found herself taking a step back at his request. Taking off her mask, revealing her identity to her old friend, was nothing but a bad idea. But even so — she felt a form of guilt as she basically towered over her bloody friend, wondering if she made different decisions, would things be different.

Harry had been successful in what he was doing — which was, in fact, distracting the girl.

Somehow, the glider had charged its way back up and came to its owner's assistance. Charlotte watched in shock as his body whirled around the girl, leaving her sight before she could do anything.

"Shit."

Charlotte had run to the edge of the building, peering over it for any sight of Harry. However, to her dismay, she was unsuccessful.

In frustration, her hand had formed into a fist, punching down against the roof, leading for a large crack to be emitted. Her head fell back in irritation and she began to turn away from the edge.

But, with the sound of a footstep and then a subtle gasp, Charlotte sharply turned towards the noise, hearing a gasp escape her own lips.

"Taskmaster?"

~~~
ch.23