Prologue

Entropy. A simple concept in thermodynamics that states everything is bound to turn into shit at some point in time.

Well... not really.

It's a word that [Last name] [Name] knew before he even learned about it. Not that his life was really going to shit (though he would argue otherwise), rather that his environment was always changing, constantly unpredictable, forcing him to adapt to whatever situation he was in.

When people ask where someone is usually from they tend to give a simple answer to the simple question.

To him? Not as simple.

Having parents that constantly tended to move from one place to another usually involves them dragging their only son around with them. It was basically expected to him that they'd leave the place after two or three years. So while some kids would usually have three schools to mention from kindergarten to high school, [Name] had them beat by a landslide with a whopping five schools from various prefectures around Japan at the age of sixteen.

When moving around that much, you never really think about relationships for the long term. Sure he could brag about having friends from all over Japan, but that didn't really matter if he didn't have them with him in the first place.

Proximity equaled friendships, and that was what he believed in since proximity was always a factor when choosing friends. Like how you'd usually play with kids within the street rather than people a few blocks away, or how you'd talk to your classmates more rather than people from another section. It was a basic premise that even popular sociologists have to agree on.

Once you take away the concept of proximity, people usually tend to lose touch with the person they call 'friend' until they become a passing memory.

Not that he forgot any of the friends he made. They were pretty hard to forget because of their...

Overwhelming and unique personalities.

Plus, they always managed to teach him something new about life, so he couldn't really forget them if he tried.

People always tend to have those passing moments, whether walking down on the street or at two o'clock in the morning, about a person they haven't talked to in ages and wonder, 'How are they doing right now?'

[Name] was no exception to that rule. He always remembered the people that made an impact in his life and even wonders if he made an impact in their lives. Unfortunately, you never really realize the impact you make in a person's life until it comes biting you back in the ass.

The beauty about entropy was that with so much disorder, as long as time continuously flows, there will always be one point in the future where everything just goes back the way it was before it all goes to shit again.

In his case, he stood in a gym with eyes both familiar and unfamiliar on him. People he recognized giving him interested glances while others stared at him with caution.

"You good?" His captain, Miyake Kazuo whispered beside him, with half-lidded eyes giving him a side look.

Miyake Kazuo was definitely something. Standing at a solid 182.8 cm was not helping the fact as his face looked like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Though people would've normally assumed that his captain was judging him, it was known in his team that their captain has a case of 'Resting Bitch Face' or RBF for short.

[Name] glanced at his captain and gave him a small smile.

"Yeah..." [Name] scratched the back of his neck while looking to the side, avoiding eye contact with everyone there. "Just feels... awkward."