Chapter 12

[Name] got in trouble for a lot of things. Not eating his vegetables, forgetting to clean up, and using emotional manipulation to get what he wanted was just some of the few things he usually got in trouble for.

Something he wasn't expecting to add to the list was fist fighting.

To be fair, he never really threw the first punch but he did get in trouble for throwing the second punch. To also be fair, that punch was not aimed at him.

Today's scene played out like this.

Our usual trio of boys went over to play at the nearby park like any other day. Kenma usually being quiet and giving his own input once in a while with [Name] and Kuroo carrying the conversation, bouncing from one topic to another. The sun was shining and everything seemed poised to be an amazing day. It was only then when they went to their usual court that the day seemed to take a turn.

"...I tried the last game and, honestly, it wasn't that bad," [Name] said, throwing the volleyball into the air and catching it. "I only wish that tower wasn't so annoying to go through, like... you need a bike to speed through a broken section of the building and if you bump into a stop you just fall? What kind of game mechanic is that– oof."

[Name] was abruptly stopped in his tracks by Kenma's hand. He was going to ask what was wrong when Kenma merely pointed to the court they usually play on. "There's people already there."

Sure enough, a group of older kids had already taken over the court. It would've been fine if they were playing volleyball on it but they seemed to just be sitting on the ground, taking up the space.

"Maybe we can ask them to move?" Kuroo said aloud.[Name] pouted as he gave another glance at the group and suddenly got a bad feeling about it. Even more so when he noticed a group of boys passing a ball around a bit further from the court, which made him think something was up.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Kuroo. We can just find another spot to–"

"He already went," Kenma cut him off as [Name] looked to see that Kuroo had already left their side and went to talk to the group.

"Ugh," [Name] groaned while giving the ball to Kenma. "Stay here will ya? I got a bad feeling about the entire thing."

[Name] didn't wait for Kenma's answer as he jogged over to where Kuroo was, overhearing the conversation as he got closer.

"I just think that you guys–"

"Why does it matter?" one of the older boys asked in an annoyed tone. "We got here first so shouldn't it be fine?"

"I mean yeah..." Kuroo pouted at the logic since it made sense. "But you could at least–"

"Kuroo," [Name] cut him off and gave a small bow to the other kids before turning to him. "I really think we should be going. We can just look for somewhere else to practice."

Kuroo's frown deepened as he gave the group a glance before looking back at him with a soft sigh. "I guess–"

"Yeah, why don't you listen to your little friend and scram," one of the boys said with a chuckle.

A red tick visibly appeared on [Name]'s head but he managed to keep his smile intact during the whole fiasco. He was short and he knew that. He didn't mind people calling him short but depending on the context, it was pretty annoying to hear.