Chapter 11

[Name] was pretty scary... well, at least to Kenma.

It wasn't that [Name] wasn't approachable or unfriendly towards him. In fact, he and [Name] easily got along with each other with their like for video games since [Name] would usually buy similar games that he bought allowing for easy co-op.

It was also nice to have a friend that just... sat there in silence without anything being awkward. Knowing that you had company without necessarily having to interact with them was the introvert solidarity that Kenma needed in his life. Sure, Kuroo could do that but [Name] was way, way, way, less energetic than Kuroo, so most of the time they spent together took place in one of their rooms.

What made [Name] scary was how he knew exactly how Kenma was feeling just with a single glance.

"Hey."

Kenma turned around at the voice to see [Name] walking towards the bench where he sat. Kuroo had brought them along to play volleyball with a few of their teammates in a nearby park to introduce [Name] to them. Of course, he still wasn't joining the volleyball club since Kuroo kept losing to him in shogi the past few weeks despite him using a handicap.

"Hey," Kenma said as he went back to staring at the ground while [Name] took a seat beside him and looked ahead.

"You good?" He asked with a slight hint of worry in his voice. "You seem pretty... tired."

"Yeah..." Kenma shrugged while simply looking ahead. He was definitely tired.

He glanced at [Name] to see him staring at the distance, his eyes focused on whatever he was looking at. [Name] probably wasn't tired since he definitely had more stamina than him. It was obvious that he's been playing volleyball for a while since his receives and sets were way better than his own.

"You know, I don't really like going out too much," [Name] said making Kenma turn to him. "People are usually too much to deal with with all the talking and socializing."

"You seem good at it though," Kenma pointed out making [Name] huff.

"I guess? It's all formalities though," [Name] looked above at the sky while leaning on his arms. "There's too many rules that go with making friends and talking to people. All the etiquette and manners are too..."

"Boring?" Kenma suggested.

[Name] shook his head. "Unnecessary?"

"Why's that?"

"People aren't always what they seem upfront," [Name]'s lips straightened into a line. "Faking formalities and forming friendships until you gradually show parts of yourself that are... well, you. It seems like a hassle sometimes. Sometimes it's better if the world was more upfront about their intentions."

"That would make for some boring stories," Kenma said making [Name] laugh.

"I suppose. You know how many game plots would end if the villain just said his plan at the beginning of the story? It's always nice to have some plot twists."

"Good plot twists," Kenma corrected.

"Good plot twists." [Name] nodded.

Kenma turned around to see Kuroo still playing with the other kids, passing around the boy and looking like they were having a good time as a whole. [Name] seemed to take note of the action and broke the silence. "But I don't mind spending my entire day with you and Kuroo. I mean, you already saw what I'm like with no filter. It's nice," [Name] said. "Not that I don't mind spending time with the other kids, it's just–"

"I get it," Kenma cut him off before giving [Name] a look of understanding. [Name] left his mouth open before giving Kenma a smile as the two opted to enjoy the silence in comfort.