Chapter 35

"I wonder what the surprise is," Akaashi said aloud after hearing a sudden announcement.

"Yeah... Nekomata-sensei seemed a bit excited at the sudden announcement," Komi scratched his head before shrugging it off. "Whatever it is, it's probably good."

"Yeah, that's cool and all but where's [Name]?"

The team of Fukurodani sighed as they watched Bokuto look around the gym like a kid who lost their mom at the supermarket. Ever since lunch ended, the ace has been looking for the libero ever since – which wasn't really a surprise but was still a bit tiring to hear.

"He's not attached to your hip, you know?" Konoha said. "Man's got his own life too."

"With me!" Bokuto replied with a pout and walked away to look for him while Konoha looked like he was about to pull his hair out. Right on cue, the door to the gym slid open as Fukurodani–being near the door–caught sight of the libero's features.

"[Name]! Do you mind telling Bokuto he's being an idiot..."

Everyone nearby stopped and stared at the temporary assistant coach who was no longer wearing his usual outfit. Instead of the jogging pants that [Name] usually wore, he now donned some shorts with the same white shirt, though if it were simply that, then people wouldn't be staring. He also wore his compression sleeves and a scrimmage vest with the number fifteen emblazoned on the back which only lead to a single shared thought.

"You gonna go in or what?" A voice said from behind the libero making him roll his eyes.

"You know, you're lucky I didn't make you do a hundred blocks," [Name] said while stepping into the gym as a tall sleepy figure wearing a similar outfit–except the number on his vest was two–followed him from behind.

"I'm so thankful for that," Iwao drawled in a sarcastic tone before glancing at the team staring at them with an eyebrow raised. "You didn't tell me Fukurodani was here."

"You didn't ask?" [Name] simply said as he walked towards the other end of the gym while Iwao sighed and gave the team a wave before following the libero's direction.

"Isn't that..." Konoha drawled.

"Ichibiyashi's number two," Akaashi answered. "Their middle blocker."

"A lot of teams here..." Iwao said while following the libero, watching the ongoing matches while the teams were too busy focused on their own to see them. "We gonna fight all of them?"

"I mean... that's what Nekomata-sensei said."

"Do we have to?" Iwao asked as his face slightly scrunched at the prospect. "Specifically, me. Do I have to?"

"Yes," [Name] sighed. "Unless you somehow brought someone else we could substitute in the game then you have to play the entire time. I already explained the strategy to you in the way here."

"Yeah, yeah, a basic four-two rotation where you'll play a defensive setter," Iwao replied. "I just wasn't expecting a lot of games."

"Too bad, you chose to be here," [Name] snorted.

Iwao rolled his eyes before deciding to lean against the wall while [Name] grabbed a clipboard from the bench and began writing on it with the pencil attached.