Chapter 27

[Name] leaned against the outside of the gym with one foot against it while listening to the ringing of his phone, waiting for the person on the other line to answer.

"[Name]."

"Yo Taicho," [Name] said with a small smile before raising his eyebrow. "You good? You sound tired."

"Practice just ended."

"Practice," [Name] repeated. "Just after nationals? Who's idea was that?"

"It isn't really practice... just basic physical training with the team since we're all gonna be off during the remainder of summer break."

[Name] looked up at the orange-colored sky. "I suppose that's a good point. Anyway, I just wanted to call to say that I'll probably visit Shiratorizawa tomorrow to talk to them so do me a favor and tell Sensei to let Washijo-sensei know in advance."

Kazuo gave him an affirmative hum at the response. "Will do, I'll let Tomi-sensei know about it and I'll message you for a go–"

"Is that senpai?!"

[Name] couldn't help but snort at the new voice as he heard Kazuo sigh while talking to the voice in the background.

"Anyway, have fun in Miyagi. You deserve it."

"Tell senpai I said hi!"

"And Ken-kun says hi."

"Tell the team not to give you too much of a headache, ok?" [Name] said with a smile as he heard footsteps approach him. "I gotta go, talk to you whenever."

Kazuo gave an affirmative hum before [Name] ended the call and pocketed his phone, turning to the boy waiting for him with a smile. "Ready?"

"Ready!" Nishinoya said as he changed out of his jersey into a plain white shirt. [Name] simply gave him a small nod before walking towards the gate of the school with the other boy on his side.

"I wish I brought a set of clothes if I knew I was gonna get all sweaty," [Name] muttered while sniffing his shirt. It wasn't even the fact that doing sets was hard, it was just the fact that the energetic ball of sunshine known as Hinata Shoyo just kept asking for sets and sets and even more sets.

[Name] didn't have the heart to say no.

"You're all dry now though, aren't you?" Nishinoya said.

"Yeah, true," [Name] said with a shrug. "Mineo-san probably isn't gonna be home so you wanna eat out or make something in the kitchen?"

"Depends," Nishinoya replied while slightly moving closer to him. "Is it your treat?"

[Name] put his finger to his chin while humming in contemplation. "Sure but I choose where to eat. I want ramen."

"Awesome!" Nishinoya pumped his fist. "I know a place so I'll lead you there."

"What about me, [Name]?"

[Name] felt someone wrap their arm around his shoulder as he looked to his side to see Tanaka smiling at him. Apparently, he saw [Name] and Kiyoko interact with each other normally and decided that he was necessary to keep Kiyoko happy – whatever that meant. Before [Name] could respond, Nishinoya already beat him to it.

"Sorry bro," Nishinoya said as he snaked himself in [Name]'s arm, letting it rest on his shoulder while holding his hand with both his own. "[Name]'s mine today. We can definitely hang out together soon though."

[Name] glanced at him before giving Tanaka a shrug and an apologetic look. "I mean... we will be seeing each other more often since your coach allowed me to join your practices."