Chapter 8

[Name] was eight when he was asked a question that would forever affect the way he would live. No, it wasn't college or what he wanted to be when he grew up or anything boring like that. It was a question that would forever haunt him and affect his decision-making process whenever the twins were involved.

"Hey, [Name]. Who's yer favorite?" Atsumu asked out of nowhere as the trio were on their way home after their game of volleyball.

[Name] looked at both Miyas before tilting his head at the question. "Favorite?"

"Yeah." Osamu nodded, obviously curious about the answer. "Me or 'Tsumu?"

That... was a very loaded question. [Name] looked up at the sky hoping it would give some kind of answer and thought about it.

He loved the twins the same amount but also found them equally annoying at times. Atsumu was sometimes more active and usually fun to play with but Osamu was more relaxed and was fun to just chill out with. They both bothered him the same amount and it was kinda rare to just hangout with one of them. Before he could answer the question, his thoughts were interrupted.

"Aw, [Name]-kun," Atsumu went over and placed his arm around his shoulder while leaning his cheek against the shorter boy's head. "It's ok if ya break 'Samu's heart. We both know I'm yer favorite anyway."

"Eh?"

"Don't listen to him, [Name]-kun," Osamu said with a smile before glaring at his brother. "Don't want ya to make 'Tsumu cry just 'cause I'm the favorite one."

"No ya aren't," Atsumu replied as he brought [Name] closer to him.

"Yes I am," Osamu replied back by snaking his arm around [Name]'s hip and bringing him closer.

"No. Ya aren't."

"Yes. I am."

[Name] could only be quiet as the twins tried bringing the boy in the middle closer to them, the middle boy's vision going left and right and left and right. The entire situation honestly reminded him of his parents when he still lived in Fukuoka, though less physical and more bribery.

He let out a soft sigh. "Are you guys done yet?"

Atsumu and Osamu immediately stopped and let him go as [Name] just continued walking on his way home, trying to remember what he said to his parents to get them off his back.

"I can't pick a favorite," [Name] said while turning to face the twins behind him. "You guys are both super cool, so I don't really know who to choose." He then faked a downcast expression by looking at the ground. "I'm sorry..."

"No! Ya don't hafta apologize!" Osamu said aloud as he went to make sure [Name] wasn't down. That was probably another difference that the twins had. Osamu was more aware of other people's feelings than Atsumu. That wasn't to say that Atsumu didn't care about people's feelings, as evident of how the other boy reacted.

"Yeah!" Atsumu appeared on his other side with his usual confident look. "Just you sayin' that I'm cool is good enough!"

It was just that Atsumu cared about certain people's feelings and not the majority. Did that matter to [Name]? Yes.

But did Atsumu caring about him help [Name] ignore that red flag? Also yes.

"He said we're both cool." Osamu gave Atsumu the side-eye as the trio continued walking home.